Product Design Lead - Customer Apps (They/She/He)
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Your work-life opportunity:
Glovo is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Product Design Lead with management experience to help us grow and scale the Customer Product Design team and elevate our Glovo app and website products’ quality.
You will be leading a vertical of our Product Design structure focused on a key segment of our products’ user experience. You will create all the necessary connections with Tech and Product, while using user-centric approaches to create the best experience for our customers across all our products. We are looking for a person that is detail oriented and can help the product reach the state of the art apps and web.
Working in an environment built on trust, inclusiveness, constructive feedback and flexibility, you will guide your team members’ personal growth with effective coaching, advocating for a flat structure and a collaborative mindset.
You’ll be reporting to the Head of Product Design and joining forces to take Glovo to the next level.
If you are seeking an entrepreneurial environment filled with good vibes (and that’s close to the beach!), this is your chance!
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Be given autonomy to coordinate and deliver high quality design solutions
- Prioritize and help to define the projects’ needs and best approaches, by also advocating for the standardisation and evolution of the current UX and UI
- Work alongside research and data to learn directly from the users what their expectations and motivations are and apply those insights to our design solutions
- Meet with all the relevant stakeholders and teams to ideate and agree on the best way to solve product challenges and reach our business objectives always driven by clear and measurable goals
- +8 years’ design background, preferably with some focus in B2C, with evidence of strong expertise in Product Design and also in collaborating with UX Researchers
- Proven experience leading and managing teams effectively
- Strong communication skills and an ability to manage, present and bring forth ideas from concept through to implementation. Able to build relationships with other teams and your own
- Sympathetic and always focused on getting the best from the designers in the team, by keeping them challenged and motivated
- Driven by user-centric design and problem solving
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research techniques and methodologies. Data-driven and holistic design approach
- Experience leading, building and/or maintaining design systems
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Humble and possesses a collaborative mindset - you thrive on feedback
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Projects portfolio with case studies that show: process, problem solving capabilities, leadership and familiarity with best UX-UI practice
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Spanish lessons
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.