Senior UX Designer
Senior Product Designer
Wayfair runs the largest in-house-built large parcel network, the Wayfair Delivery Network (WDN), of all e-commerce in the United States, standing at approximately 1.6 million square meters of logistics space across North America and Europe. The WDN 4-Walls team, based in Berlin, is responsible for building our next generation sortation technologies in our delivery network to enable the perfect customer delivery experience. We have big aspirations for more advanced capabilities that will help transportation facilities in our network optimize for operational performance.
In the role of the Senior Product Designer, you will be accountable for the design of our 4-Walls platform offering: You contribute to discovering new platform solutions together with your team that helps achieve our outcomes around improved user experience, efficiency, and scalability. You partner with internal process, product, experience design, and engineering teams to understand our field operations problems, needs, and end-to-end use cases to contribute to design a user-centric platform that achieves our business goals.
What you‘ll do
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging user journeys and user experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Collaborate with Product teams influencing the roadmap from the design perspective as well as with Engineering teams by ensuring that the design proposals are achievable within our technology standards while delivering on business goals
- Coordinate, contribute, and/or conduct research efforts (quantitative and qualitative) to unveil new design approaches or iterate existing ones
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work.
- Demonstrate strong administration and communication skills. Be a strategist who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess.
- Contribute to the improvement of our cross-team collaboration Design processes, advocating best practices and innovative solutions between Product, Design, and Engineering teams embracing Agile methodologies.
What you‘ll need
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant role
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your advocacy for user-centric and data-driven design and dedicated attention to detail.
- Expertise in understanding product and business requirements and producing design deliverables such as comprehensive site maps, user flows/task flows, user journey maps, page flows, wireframes, prototypes, and interaction documentation recommendations, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern design processes and tools (Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Figma, UXPin, and/or Creative Suite).
- Be knowledgeable about the different research techniques to apply them at the right moment of the product life cycle.
- Solid communication skills focused on collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiation priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Self-driven and independent
- Have an inclusive and adaptable working style that ensures efficiency in a multicultural work environment
Nice to have would be experienced with:
- Experience running workshops for Design Discovery
- Experience designing complex B2B products
- A mix of start-up and large-company experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.