London, England, United Kingdom
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Product Owner to innovate, win, and grow with us.
At Bottomline we believe that the way businesses trade and transact should be much simpler, faster, and more secure. Specifically, the way in which they pay, get paid, and many of the surrounding processes are mired in legacy technology and practices.
For our Payment Market, we target FI’s and large, multi-national organisations with the objective of delivering our Universal Aggregator Service as the destination of choice. Our customer need solutions that give them connectivity, process capability, visibility and control over this complex playing field, on a global basis.
We are obsessed with solving these issues for our target markets. We believe that the advent of “smart” SaaS technologies and several key strategic Ancillary Services, either from internal suppliers or trusted external parties, provides us with the right technology tools to do so.
This means our customers are ripe for being disrupting with the intelligent application of the right technology.
Who are our customers?
Banks, FI’s, PSP’s & MNC’s - Over 11K worldwide have the targeted size and profile.
What sort of products would you work on?
Bottomline has an ambitious purpose, and our broad portfolio of propositions reflect that. Depending on your experience, skillset, and interest you could be working on anything from designing new propositions, specifying product features, translating market development strategy into technical products and implementation, building a roadmap to migrate existing legacy components onto SaaS technologies, and building and supervising a roadmap of new functionalities around Payments.
We are looking to enable innovation and reduce the risk, cost, and complexity by providing Payment solutions to our customers that drives revenue for Bottomline.
How do we “do” Product Management in Bottomline?
At Bottomline we have a growing world class team, and we are looking for an exceptional Product Owner who can maximise the value delivered by Development and ensuring the delivery meets the customer's needs. This person needs to have the appropriate competences to break-down the “What” and the “Why” for Development and help them get to the “How”.
You will be working as a key member of an Agile Team, responsible for delivering and managing innovative, market leading SaaS solutions. Working as an integral part of a product delivery pipeline with colleagues from market development, product management, UX, development and dev ops to define and execute on both new product development and managing continuous innovation of in-market products. Ideally you will bring experience of the UK payments and the Financial Message processing industry and working in a fast-paced SaaS product environment.
At Bottomline we believe that the Best Product Wins. By this we mean that the only long-term sustainable way to grow a business is to have products that solve genuine business problems and surprise and delight our customers. At Bottomline, we are on an unrelenting quest to continuously improve, innovate and invent to create products that delight.
As a Product Owner, you will be focused on helping to identify promising commercial opportunities, translating business needs into technological design, controlling build-up and delivery, elaborating roadmaps to meet business objectives, and ensuring that Bottomline delivers the best, most innovative solution to meet the market opportunity. Driving new revenue streams and providing customer loyalty and growth is our passion.
What do we look for in a Product Owner?
Primarily, we are looking for a particular type of person who can thrive in this organisation. Bottomline is in transition, therefore the individual will need to evolve, grow, and adapt to change. Experience in a start-up or a constant evolving and growing FI would be an advantage.
Working in the sophisticated area of Payments, expertise and knowledge of this environment is required either directly (i.e. working formerly in a bank in the Payments and Financial Message processing space) or indirectly (i.e. working for banks in the Payment and Financial Message processing space).
They must be smart, creative, persistent, curious, and commercial and have an exceptional ability to drive the Development Scrum Teams to deliver world class solutions. They understand the technology in the Payments and Financial Message processing Space, and they have a background sufficient to understand and combine technology and business, that underpin the solutions.
They believe strongly in the problem to be solved and the business opportunity to be exploited, that they always find a way to succeed.
They are the type of person who is constantly questioning and know that “there is always a better way” – whether that’s how a customer’s process works or how we solve a problem.
In addition, they will be the Product “Champion” throughout the lifecycle of the Product Family and will become an expert in the features, benefits, and capacities of the Bottomline FM portfolio, using inputs from customer, the market, and business teams. The role focuses on helping to translate technical needs and driving the technical design and product features to deliver compelling business offerings.
This role is designed to help positioning Bottomline for market growth in the changing Payments and Banking landscape and to deliver against compelling events.
We are ideally seeking someone who is:
- An expert in the Payments and Financial Message processing, with exposure to Banking
- A true Product Owner practitioner with extensive expertise of working in a SaaS environment.
Having experience in either of these areas and adoption of services and solutions, would make you stand out from the crowd.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the product manager to define a vision for and be the “Voice” of your product and customers.
- Bring the delivery backlog to life with a hands-on approach, working closely with the Development Team and other Product Team members to have a detailed understanding of the problems, opportunities, and solutions.
- Define strategic and tactical product plans to meet commercial and innovation objectives.
- Use available information to make data driven decisions.
- Work with leadership at all levels to obtain buy in to product release plans.
- Build and maintain a well ordered and estimated product backlog.
- Be pragmatic in managing trade-offs between scope, resource, and time.
- Be focused on both non-functional as well as functional innovation to support SaaS operating metrics and behaviors.
- Work with the SCRUM team to design and develop a continuous stream of high-quality innovation.
- Ensure EPICS, user stories, release planning and managing the team backlog is transparent and that release notes and communication are delivered to internal stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver training material for Ops, Support, Delivery and undertake documentation writing - technical & implementation documentation, where required.
- Effectively manage the product launch process
- Promote Behaviour Driven Development
Experience and Attributes
- Familiarity with the world of Payments, Financial Message processing and associated processes.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Fintech or a closely related industry.
- Experience of managing SaaS products, ideally with a continuous delivery model.
- Working in an Agile environment (SCRUM), ideally familiar with lean start-up principles.
- Experience in manage an Agile delivery process.
- Working with new product development, as well as managing in market products.
- Familiarity with how Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions compete in a digital world.
- Understand, and have experienced, the use of the latest technology to solve these issues in particular SaaS, APIs, Data & Insight, Cash Management, ISO Adoption, Machine Learning, Automation to name but a few.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.