Director of Growth Marketing
Remote or San Francisco
At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development and currently serve more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide. We’re a diverse group of incredible talented people from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
Last year, raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
We are seeking a marketing leader with a product-led growth mindset to establish the growth marketing function at Netlify. It’s a unique opportunity to establish the strategy and build the team for a company with all of the ingredients to fuel hyper growth—a disruptive product, a strong brand, an inclusive and capable team, an appetite to swing big, with buy-in and support from executive leadership. Working closely with the product, marketing and developer experience teams, you will be accountable for acquiring new users, as well as account expansion among our self-serve tier.
What you’ll work on:
- Lead strategy, forecasting, execution, and performance assessment of new developer acquisition across organic & paid channels for our self-serve business
- Grow channels such as search, social, affiliates & other partners, influencers and referrals
- Own business performance of marketing website by managing multiple stakeholders, and continuously driving innovation and scale.
- Investigate and test new channels, technologies, and vendors
- Collaborate with analytics team to monitor KPIs, measuring impact of each channel and finding opportunities to scale & optimize for efficiency
- Foster experimentation culture by conducting rapid A/B testing to continuously improve campaign performance.
- Partner with GM and Finance teams to plan budgets that drive efficient customer growth, and set a strategic approach for balancing growth priorities with efficiency and hypothesis-led risk-taking.
- Identify, champion, and drive product changes to facilitate acquisition growth
- Build a highly talented Growth Marketing team with a passion to understand and delight our customers with great marketing experiences.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, legal, analytics and creative to meet ambitious growth targets
We are looking for someone who:
- Experience working at scale, across millions of monthly visitors
- Excellent people leader capable of inspiring, hiring, and developing a world-class team
- Strategic visionary with an execution-oriented approach
- Data-driven leader able to earn credibility both internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial, with a knack for identifying new opportunities and driving change when necessary
- Comfortable operating in and leading through ambiguity
- Functional excellence in data-driven performance and growth marketing
- Demonstrated success managing a significant budget ($20M+) at scale
- Expertise driving customer growth in a wide range of marketing channels across both desktop and mobile
- Proven success scaling and leading high-impact, execution driven marketing teams
- Experience in developer marketing is preferred
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history and skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We would like to see some of your work, so please include a writing sample or a link to content you have created. Lastly, a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and at Netlify would be great, though not required and will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.