Head of Product- Platform Products
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Overview of the Product team
We believe that product management is critical to Zego’s future success, so we’re building a team where product managers have the opportunity to learn, contribute and take exciting calculated risks. We’re doing this by ensuring that product strategy underpins everything that we do, and that our Product Managers are empowered to make decisions, in collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders.
Working in an Agile environment, our team helps to scope and build scalable complex systems, from consumer-facing products to internal tooling. As we move forward, we are looking to embed data-driven and problem-obsessed domain expertise into everything that we do, ensuring that product-based thinking is central to Zego’s decision making.
Purpose of the role
This role is responsible for the definition, design, development and delivery of the suite of components that make up our Platform. These components include, but are not limited to, Insurance, Pricing & Risk, Claims, Finance, Customer Relationship Management and our APIs. Each component will have a Product Manager assigned to it and the role directly manages this team of Product Managers, providing the overall direction for the platform and its components.
What you will be working on
- You will be responsible for Zego’s platform products, leading a team of Product Managers you will deliver the components for Zego’s continued success and sustainability
- You will be partnering with a strong engineering team, working closely with our domain experts and staff engineers to ensure the delivery of a robust and high quality set of platform components
- You will work with senior management to aid definition and implementation of Zego’s product strategy
- You will work closely with stakeholders and the engineering team to identify and develop new product opportunities that enhance and expand Zego’s platform proposition
- You will clearly understand the entirety of our customer’s product experience, ensuring we are able to offer relevant new components to our Portfolio teams and to our end customers
- You will leverage your deep insight of product development to collaborate with other product leaders, design and engineering teams, providing strategic direction across the teams you work with
- You understand the necessity for a platform approach to underpin scalability and educate the business around you to the advantages and the compromises of the approach - allowing thoughtful investigative discussion to enrich that understanding
What you will need to be successful
- You are a proven team leader with experience of leading a team of Product Managers to successful delivery of complex products and customer and business outcomes
- You have built teams from the ground up, gaining experience in identifying and securing talent
- You have direct, demonstrable experience of delivering a platform-based approach - identifying horizontal enablers that can be combined to service multiple business verticals
- You have proven experience of working within an agile Product team in cross-functional, expert teams
- You are comfortable working within a matrix organisation, leading and working within cross-functional teams of commercial, engineering and operations talent
- You are excited by the opportunity to work alongside Engineers with a passion for platforms
- You have demonstrated the value of building data-driven products understanding their customer and business impact
- You are able to work closely with user research teams
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.