Intermediate Scrum Master
Remote - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves everyday at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Who we are
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Check out some of Bananatag's blogs to learn more:
We are looking for a tech-savvy and highly motivated person who is ready to begin a challenging and rewarding career. You will guide multiple scrum teams through the scrum processes and facilitate all of the traditional scrum events. You are highly passionate about the agile environment and its values, with the duty to build high performing development teams.
What you’ll be up to:
- Work with full visibility & transparency;
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters to make sure the work, team processes, and cross-team processes can be scaled effectively;
- Support the teams on continuous improvement;
- Protect the teams from external interferences;
- Advocate on building the right environment for the team to succeed in;
- Work alongside the Product Managers to keep the team’s work on track;
- Pair up with Engineer Managers to support both the company and the teams’ needs.
What you’ll come with:
- Excellent communication skills;
- A positive, team player, attitude who’s glass is always half full;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a scrum master;
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or other equivalent certifications;
- Experience in facilitating scrum events (sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint review/demo, sprint retrospective, backlog refinement);
- Experience working with multiple scrum teams simultaneously;
- Expertise in facilitating clear communication and collaboration between teams and leadership;
- A desire to continuously improve established processes.
Bonus points for:
- A working knowledge of Jira and Confluence;
- Other agile-related certifications;
- Experience in the software development industry.
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one.
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians.
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote first’ workplace now, but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that's your thing, or even something in between. But require you to be eligible to work in Canada.
- We invest in professional development for you lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Our stance is below
- We surprise and delight our employees from time-to-time, you’ll just have to trust us. ;)
Our belief on Diversity and Inclusion: Diversity is Appealing
Did you know there are over 1000 different kinds of bananas out there? Each one brings something unique to the table, just like our people. We love that we’re all different; however, we have to admit that not all have been treated equally in the past. Bananatag promises that however you identify you will always have equal access and opportunity to succeed.
Our belief on Equity: Pay Parity
We believe in gender pay parity. We’ve taken a public pledge and worked to eradicate gender pay gaps (and gaps in other areas of diversity). We’re committed to bi-annual reviews and making corrections if we fall off track. Our aim is always a $1 to $1 ratio among all Bananas.
We’re certain that at Bananatag you’ll be able to have impact and create an inspiring career.