Health Insurance Product Analyst
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Heath Insurance Plan Analyst to join our Health Insurance Plan Design team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The Plan Design team is responsible for developing Oscar’s plan portfolio strategy for the Individual and Small Group markets. We ensure that our plan designs meet the needs of a diverse marketplace. In addition, we collaborate with Legal and Regulatory Affairs teams to ensure that our plans designs comply with state and federal requirements, provide materials required for annual Qualified Health Plan (QHP) filings, and ensure that member-facing communications are accurate and easy to understand.
As an Analyst on the Plan Design team, you will own the end-to-end process for developing and finalizing Oscar’s plan documents (e.g., Schedule of Benefits, Summary of Benefits and Coverage, and other plan documents as needed). You will deliver the required plan documents required for annual QHP filings and ensure that these documents are distributed and displayed for all downstream users. This role will support all Oscar states and will work closely alongside other Oscar teams including Sales, Marketing, Go-to-Market teams to ensure Oscar’s plan information is accurate and available within required time frames.
In this role, you will report to the Plan Design Director and be responsible for the following:
- Maintain processes and databases for documenting plan cost share and other details by plan by state.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of plan design data and of internal processes to continually improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal and external audiences to understand the plan design information needed. Improve plan descriptions to make it simple for all to understand.
- Support the filing and approval of Oscar’s insurance products through the annual QHP filings with state regulators, state exchanges, and CMS.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in health insurance business operations, consulting, project management, or other related healthcare field.
- Strong Excel Skills.
- You are collaborative and able to balance and prioritize cross-functional requirements.
- You are organized and have acute attention to detail.
Nice-to-have qualifications and skills:
- A technical bend and the ability to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. SQL/Python)
- You enjoy the problem-solving process and deriving structure and clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs
Above all else:
- You are friendly, thoughtful, and kind.
- You demonstrate humility and maturity.
- You always develop a point of view but keep an open mind.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.