Head of Product
7 Curtain Rd, Hackney, London EC2A 3LT
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
As our community continues to grow, we’re looking for one exceptional Product leader to manage our marketplace functional streams to create a seamless and trusted purchase experience.
Our Head of marketplace will have the opportunity to lead a team of high performing Product Managers, shaping the strategy and delivering the roadmap to creating a home for fashion for the next generation.
This role will lead multiple product teams - Payments, Trust, Customer Experience and Shipments. Our Payments teams manage the transaction experience on Depop, enabling sellers get their money while helping buyers seamlessly pay for their items. Our Customer Experience Team primary goal is to develop a best-in-class self-service and supportive help experience for every Depop user. It is also responsible for supporting the Community Experience team in shaping the tooling needed to provide an efficient operational support. Our Trust team makes sure that all our users are safe by following the community guidelines and terms of service set out by Depop while ensuring that the bad actors remain outside. Finally the shipping team is responsible to ensure that buyers and sellers have the best fulfilment experience.
At Depop, we work in multidisciplinary teams (Product, Design, Engineering, Analysts and Agile Delivery managers) that focus on particular products. You will lead teams, coach and mentor them, and are comfortable working with OKR’s and stretch targets. We are collaborative in our approach and you will drive the product vision, prioritise roadmaps based on business objectives, work well with designers and developers, gather data to drive decision making across multiple production teams, and ensure alignment and buy-in from a variety of business stakeholders. You will also drive Depop towards operational excellence.
- Establish the key themes, objectives and key results for your functional area, and empower your teams throughout the full product management lifecycle.
- Build strong business cases through a data-driven approach and align business stakeholders behind key opportunities for our product development.
- Ensure the deep partnership between engineering, designers, researchers, and analysts within the production teams to deliver against your vision.
- Manage a team of product managers, offering support both in their day-to-day and the development of their skills for the growth of their career
- Effectively recruit amazing talent and build a high performing team
- Drive Product cross-team collaboration and standardization across your different production teams with efficient processes & best practices
- Champion the voice of the customer, leveraging user research and data insights and turning them into actionable plans to deliver the best customer experience throughout the user lifecycle.
- Have a strong understanding of the complexities of a marketplace, balancing the needs for both our buyers and sellers and the business metrics
- Be a smart problem solver, who does not hesitate to get hands on to unblock your teams and deliver quality solutions quickly.
- Proven track record of successfully launching and iterating digital products leveraging a digital marketplace
- Extensive experience in Product Management/working in a relevant product management role
- Experience in people management of at least 3 direct reports
- Relevant experience in an e-commerce, marketplace or social product
- Worked within an agile software environment to deliver customer-led outcomes
- Ability to easily transition between strategic thinking/planning and execution
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision and get things done
- Exceptional communication skills, both written & verbal/presentation. You should have experience communicating and influencing at multiple levels of an organisation
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong bias towards action
- Naturally collaborative and supportive
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 (Controller), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.