Remote within India
We are revolutionizing technical hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that enables our customers to assess technical skills effectively. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate group looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Product team. This position is full-time and based in Bangalore.
Our mission is to Accelerate the World's Innovation and some of our 2021 objectives are growing, understanding and engaging with our community -- all of which are critical to capture more of the technical sourcing space. To do this effectively, we need to understand how well our products work and their key value propositions to developers and our customers.
This product analyst, working in Bangalore, will augment our current data engineering and analyst skills in that location. The analyst will work with the PMs working on the HackerRank Community to make sure we have the right KPIs and the right measurements to make data-driven decisions on the health of our products and how we can drive growth. Projects include defining the right KPIs and metrics for HRC product, working with product and data engineers to implement them and dig into usage to get insights. The product analyst will work closely with the PMs to build dashboards that provide important metrics, and ensure we have the best insights in the tool to let everyone know the value of our product. You will also tackle ad-hoc investigations such as diving into user activity data to understand what changes we should make to increase conversions, retention, and revenue.
You will be working on:
- Owning the tracking as well as the strategies employed to grow and engage our community user base
- Own the ideation, development and maintenance of new and ongoing metrics, reports and dashboards to support business needs
- Own and develop queries and visualizations for ad-doc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects by leveraging SQL, Reshift, Looker, and Tableau skills
- Transform business needs into data collection and data analytics processes
- Enable decision making by deriving product and business insights from data analysis and assessment of key drivers for KPIs, including A/B testing
- Empower and guide others to work effectively and efficiently to create a data-informed culture
- Cover the entire funnel of user journey, from new user acquisition all the way through customer retention and expansion
- Rely on a series of short-term experiments to incrementally improve and increase efficiencies throughout the funnel
We are looking for:
- 2+ years experience as a business intelligence analyst, data analyst or product analyst with a proven record of impacting business
- Proficiency in SQL is essential; Working knowledge of Tableau and Google Analytics, Looker, Pendo, Python, and R is a plus
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- You are a team player: Assertive working with multiple teams across different locations
- You take initiative: Ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects at the same time
- You are a strong communicator: Excellent written and oral communication skills
- You are a critical thinker: Structured, analytical and detail oriented with an affinity for numbers
Nice to Have:
- Marketing background to test out campaigns for user growth
Benefits & Perks:
As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough. We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Insurance to all employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
- Employee Reimbursements on gym, telephone, internet, and more
- Daily free lunches and delicious snacks
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!