Senior Product Designer
Remote - Portland, Oregon, United States
Vynyl develops core software capabilities for leading companies and institutions in healthcare, finance, insurance, and other industries.
We're looking for a dynamic, influential leader who possesses a well-founded background in design and a deep understanding of the digital product space. Our ideal candidate understands the relationship between design, strategy and business and is comfortable navigating each of these avenues with our clients.
As Product Strategy and Design Lead your job will straddle both the design and product strategy worlds. You’ll work with clients to help them develop design processes and assess which approach best suits their needs. You’ll spend time in the various stages of product development and should feel comfortable leading and participating in all aspects from discovery to delivery.
In addition, you’ll help establish methods to guide clients in understanding the power of a focused and actionable product strategy. This part of your role may include structuring and facilitating custom workshops to uncover strategic insights and build value and trust.
Who We Are
At Vynyl, you will join a world class team excited about the problems we solve and the clients for whom we solve them. We’ll ensure that you find yourself growing in your career, solving new kinds of problems and learning from supportive management and mentors.
We are a largely distributed team. Some of your teammates work remotely, and you may have clients based in other locales. Your communication skills will be as important as your technical ones. Collaborating across time zones requires clear communication and coordination, via Slack, documentation, video calls and more.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Vynyl is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. We’ll be accepting applications on a rolling basis.
- Act in a leadership capacity to help clients generate exceptional designs, formulate processes, and implement best practices
- Establish a baseline of quality through your work while providing direction and support to other team members
- Structure and facilitate workshops to solve innovation challenges, frame opportunities, and create rapid prototypes for testing
- Structure and facilitate user research sessions, experiments and tests in a way that produces meaningful and actionable data. Work with stakeholders and product teams to help define product strategy and vision.
- Use component-based systems to design informed and functional interfaces that submerge complexity
- Create low and high fidelity interfaces using client-preferred design tools
- Minimum 5 years experience in a design role
- Thorough knowledge of current industry tools such as Figma and Mural/Miro
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Collaborative attitude and helpful personality
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and present work in a professional and intelligent manner
- Experience navigating client and stakeholder relationships
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Self-motivated with an obvious passion for learning and all things product
Competitive benefits. Medical, dental, vision. 401(k) match.