Product Marketing Manager, FlashBlade
Mountain View, CA
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
FlashBlade team At Pure
Many of the industry’s leading organizations depend on FlashBlade to power their data infrastructure. AI supercomputers and bleeding-edge deep learning systems are built on FlashBlade. From SaaS companies requiring high performance backup and restore capabilities to the world’s biggest telecom service providers analyzing petabytes of data, FlashBlade is at the center of our customers most mission-critical environments.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for a creative, energetic Product Marketing Manager to shape our next products as well as develop our product messaging and positioning to various audiences. You will be a key member of the product marketing team as we transform both IT and businesses of the world’s biggest brands and companies.
- Understand the competitive landscape, analyze and document Pure's positioning, and communicate Pure's differentiation compellingly to the market
- Create consistent positioning statements, messaging and the associated proof points. Write compelling copy for different collateral types and audiences (technical and business)
- Be an expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Create and present information about the products and the markets these products serve. Represent the company at all times and with virtually any audience to explain the customer-led benefits of the product line.
- Manage product launch cycles and create collateral to bring new features to the market
- Produce sales enablement materials and training
- Produce thought leadership and product-related materials in the form of blog articles, whitepapers, eBooks, videos, web pages, and other marketing collateral
- Assist the marketing team in planning and executing demand & lead generation campaigns
- Build relationships with influencers, analysts, tech bloggers, open source contributors, and product community leaders
- Measure what works, what doesn’t, and devise ways to improve!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- At least 8+ years of product marketing experience with at least 4 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products that meet or exceed business objectives
- Bachelors of Science in a STEM field or significant IT/Storage/System Administration experience
- Recognized as professional communicator/speaker and enjoy writing
- Technical background and an aptitude to learn about new technology quickly
- The desire to redefine the benchmark for excellence, be part of something big and learn as much as you can in the process
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.