Product Manager II - Groceries
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
ABOUT THE ROLE
Groceries is Careem’s latest rocketship and this role is a great opportunity to join the founding team for this exciting new pursuit. As a Product Manager in the Groceries team, you will lead and own exciting features, products and services for our Customers. This is an individual contributor role that requires exceptional analytical skills and close collaboration with our Data science team. You will have an opportunity to drive the conceptualisation, development and rapid testing of new features that will help us in creating personalized experiences for our customers to enhance the conversion and engagement on our app.
This is a central role and requires a unique blend of business, technical acumen, and peer-to-peer collaboration; including the ability to zoom out and see the big picture, but also the willingness and intellectual prowess to zoom in to the finer details that need to be addressed when scaling features to a user base of 30M+.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire feature lifecycle, starting with planning and OKRs, all the way to managing backlog and agile iterations.
- Identify, conceptualise and develop new products as well as improvements to existing products with the goal of improving conversion and orders per user
- Take the lead and work with data scientists and engineers to build and implement machine learning models that will help optimize our funnel and increase orders per user
- Help contribute to creating a compelling vision, mission, and roadmap for our product portfolio that energizes and builds momentum within the teams.
- Clarify requirements from business stakeholders and validate them against user needs and tech effort, including company goals (write product requirement documents etc.)
- Possess customer empathy and a curiosity mindset. Define customer value propositions based on personas or market segments (design thinking approach).
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders on product features and acting as the main point of contact for any enquiries.
- Conduct A/B tests working with product analysts and data scientists to validate and iterate product increments that demonstrate customer and business value.
- Gather and use quantitative and qualitative data, creating hypotheses and making informed product decisions, testing assumptions early to reduce risk up-front.
- Perform user lab testing and user interviews, to synthesize insights and feedback and disseminate that knowledge into the tech teams, building better products.
We are looking for a Product Manager who wants to build products that will be loved by our customers, who is focused, agile, well-organized and exceptionally collaborative (and we offer the same in return)
Additional qualifications include:
- At least 2 to 4 years of prior experience working in a Product role of which at least 1-2 years in Search / Personalization in the Quick commerce industry (Food, Grocery, …) or the broader e-commerce space
- Experience in working with Data scientists on customer-facing products
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment, to manage and close the loop on multiple concurring tasks.
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies and processes (e.g. sprints, kanban etc.)
- Good commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate your competence in analysing, reporting and efficiently responding to quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders, partners and executive management.