Product Owner / Scrum Master
Remote - United States
Location: Remote - United States
Reports to: Dustin Cox, VP of BI / Data & Analytics
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The BI & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business. We own and manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery and Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth. Our work spans BI dashboards for business and executive users, ML models for retention forecasting, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Product Owner / Scrum Master to help further define our BI / Data & Analytics product roadmap, manage and prioritize the team’s backlog, and facilitate agile development processes. As part of our Business Intelligence / Data & Analytics team, you will be working closely with a variety of business stakeholders to field data & analytics requests and help translate business needs into requirements for our team of analytics engineers and data analysts.
Who You Are:
- A BS/MS degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology or equivalent
- Experience with an iterative Agile methodology and use of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Git, etc.
- 2 years of Product Owner / Scrum Master experience or equivalent
- Experience working in a multi-site setup is preferred
- Excellent leadership skills and servant leader mentality
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Understanding on some programming languages (SQL, Python, etc.), development practices (Agile/SAFe) is needed
- Familiarity with our particular stack is a plus (AWS, mySQL, Stitch, Fivetran, Segment, Dataform/DBT, BigQuery, Looker), familiarity with similar tools is needed
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand and capture their data and analytics needs
- Manage the intake, prioritization, and backlog grooming processes for the team
- Facilitate Agile team Standups/meetings, ensuring alignment and clarity among the team
- Own and oversee operational aspects of an Agile development cycle - e.g. epic breakdown, story writing, sprint planning, and delivery
- Act as a steward of the Data-as-a-Product/Analytics-as-a-Service vision, ensuring what the team builds accrues to this vision, and enables valuable insights and capabilities to our stakeholders working to grow the business