Director of Product Design
Anywhere in the US
Ordergroove is a product-driven company, and we’re passionate about our customers’ experience and design. We’re looking for a Director of Product Design to drive our design vision, build and develop our team of product designers, and create a world class experience for our merchants. We’re looking for someone with strong design, communication and leadership skills.
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
What you will do:
- Define and get alignment around Ordergroove product design vision and strategy
- Implement product design team practices to seek and achieve continual improvement in our product, process and people
- Ensure strong application of design practices such that our product changes consistently delight customers
- Shape product roadmaps and elevate our product experience in ways that make our app more useful, usable and desirable
- Set and lead ongoing design team project, process and culture priorities
- Partner with product managers and developers to oversee the user experience or features and products from conception to launch
- Establish initial design frameworks and key principles to ensure our product consistently meets our customers’ goals
- Working with the team on projects in development, including ongoing new feature work and the development of our design system
Who you are:
- Exceptional people leader who builds, empowers, develops and organizes a strong team of product designers towards a culture where everyone can contribute fully
- Accomplished design practitioner as demonstrated through a strong portfolio who coaches the team to a high standard spanning the design process
- Customer obsessed and data driven to ensure priorities, features and design decisions are informed by quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback
- Embraces validation and experimentation to connect their team’s work to business value
- Excited to work in a fast paced, changing environment, balancing short term execution and agility with building a vision and framework for the long term
- Demonstrate a Growth mindset
- Raised $40M from top notch investors
- Headquartered in the heart of NYC with fully remote culture
- Over 100 clients including The Honest Company, Unilever, KIND Snacks & L'Oreal
In 2000, subscriptions transformed the software world with SaaS. In 2021, subscriptions are transforming the retail and DTC world as the fastest growing segment of commerce.
Ordergroove’s SaaS product enables subscription experiences for hundreds of brands including The Honest Company, IL MAKIAGE, KIND Snacks, Peet's Coffee, L'Oreal, and Home Depot, shifting consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to frictionless recurring revenue relationships. Via partnerships with leading eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Salesforce, Adobe Magento and BigCommerce, Ordergroove's omnichannel product coupled with machine learning has processed billions of dollars in subscription volume for tens of millions of consumers.
Recently named one of the 2019 and 2020's Best Companies to Work For in New York, our values celebrate collaboration, different perspectives and curiosity with the goal of getting to the right answer, no matter who came up with it. At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team so that we gain different perspectives and build the best team possible. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our successes.
With a fully flexible work from anywhere culture, staying connected and supporting each other are always top of mind. We build our tight-knit community through small group events like trivia night, cooking classes and book clubs. We encourage cross-functional relationships through virtual coffees and we stay close to the business through weekly team updates and quarterly all hands meetings.
At Ordergroove, we focus on flexibility and empowering our team to make the right decisions for themselves. We have flexible PTO (you take vacation when you need it, not when you have earned the hours), a new work-from-anywhere policy (totally remote anywhere in the US, or you can go into the NYC office as much as you would like), and an annual personal development budget that you use for what matters to you (wellness, career development, productivity at home, etc). And of course that is on top of the basics like competitive compensation (including stock options) and incredible, affordable benefits. Come join our amazing team while we enable the fastest growing segment of commerce that makes life easier for millions of consumers every day!