Senior UX Designer
Remote - United States
Who We Are
TetraScience provides the world’s first and only R&D Data Cloud, with a mission to transform life sciences R&D, accelerate discovery, and improve human life. Scientists at global pharma and biotech organizations rely on our innovative Tetra Data Platform for easy access to centralized, harmonized, and actionable scientific data to accelerate their digital lab transformation. With best-in-class SaaS performance, a team of industry innovators, and excellent product/market fit, Tetra is positioned to become an iconic life sciences software company.
Who you are
You thrive on working well with others. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with fellow product managers, designers, user researchers, engineers, executives, and inspire them to do their best.
You relentlessly strive to excel in your craft. You look at user story, functional and interaction design, product configuration and extension, sales play and demo, competitive analysis, marketplace partners, and more as tools in the Product Manager’s essential toolkit. You intuitively know how technology, business requirements and product design come together to deliver innovation that delights.
You consistently seek understanding and clarity. You look at every interaction as an opportunity to learn. You aren’t afraid to ask questions. You have the humility and confidence to not be the smartest person in the room.
What You Will Do
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team at TetraScience. As part of the leading R&D data cloud company, you will be designing the future of how the life-sciences industry manages, curates, and drives insights with data.
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers, Solution Architects, and Sales to conceptualize features and UI architecture
- Facilitate and lead design research initiatives with large life-sciences customers
- Lead user research initiatives, and promote a design culture within TetraScience
- Create thought leadership and establish novel design precedents in life-sciences data management
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to understand highly technical concepts, and derive simple and engaging products
- 7-10 years of professional experience designing consumer or B2B SaaS applications
- Previous experience as a UI, UX, or UX researcher at a platform company
- Can communicate and prototype rapidly, but is detail oriented enough to capture nuanced user flows
- Deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns and implementation, deep experience interacting with front-end engineers is a must
- Front-end engineering experience is a plus
- A healthy balance of open-mindedness and self-conviction. Must be happy experimenting with multiple concepts
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design, and information architecture design (IAD)
- Experience working in inVision for sharing and communicating prototypes
- Experience with Sketch or Figma for prototyping and mockups
- Framer experience is a plus
- Experience creating Balsamiq mockups for collaboration
- Competitive Salary and equity in a fast growing company
- Supportive, team oriented culture of continuous improvement.
- 100% employer paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediately family members.
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible working arrangements - Remote work + Boston office as needed