UX Research Assistant
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
We are looking for a highly organised person to join our Research team to support its operations. In this role, you will work closely with our Research and Design teams, and be exposed to a variety of stakeholders from the company, especially Product.
Overview of the RXD team
The RXD team (Research, Experience, Design) covers disciplines that are critical to Zego’s success, and we want it to be a place where designers and researchers have the opportunity to collaborate, grow and bring the user to every part of our decision making. We work hand in hand with product, engineering and business stakeholders, working in an Agile environment of cross-functional teams to ensure that we deliver high quality experiences and interfaces with every product we ship.
Purpose of the role
This role will primarily focus on enabling and facilitating our research initiatives, by aligning the moving parts that make research happen.
It will involve sourcing and booking users for testing, making sure incentives are paid out, helping maintaining the documentation of research insights in our repository, scheduling collateral tasks (such as getting emails drafted and sent out by the CRM team in time).
It can also involve shadowing user interviews for notes and, if interested, being trained to lead them yourself, in an unbiased and professional way.
What you will be working on
- You will assist researchers during projects by taking care of the operations side in a variety of ways, such as helping to maintain clear communications with stakeholders, scheduling meetings and user interviews (with opportunities to shadow) or coordinating tasks we may need other teams to complete
- You will ensure all research materials and insights are correctly shared and documented on our research repository
- You will upload and classify our recurring survey results onto our repository
- You will aid the socialisation of our findings to the company, scheduling workshops or Lunch & Learns and keeping the research repository up to date
What you will need to be successful
- You have excellent organisation and time management skills, able to juggle multiple events at once
- You are good at talking to people, communing clearly and productively, covering all the basics and not leaving space for ambiguity and misunderstandings
- You are proactive, especially about reaching out to people, both internally and externally, via email, phone or video call
- You can adapt rapidly to new softwares and processes
- You have an interest in UX, Research or Product development
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.