Head of Product, Customer Communications
Head of Product (Customer Communications)
If you ever received a Wayfair email about an upcoming sale or a text message that your order was delivered, our customer communications platform does all the work behind the scenes, processing a billion messages to customers and suppliers around the world.
The product leader will own strategy and execution around our custom in-house platforms, which drive billions in business and ensure that Wayfair marketers and service leaders can send highly customized messages at Internet scale to increase sales and customer engagement.
How do we make our customer conversations even more compelling, while baking in more resiliency and ease of use? How do we continue to innovate in email, SMS, and push notifications, while exploring emerging messaging and engagement platforms. This could be part of your job.
Successful candidates will have experience leading teams and building marketing engagement products across email and other messaging channels, either for major consumer and business-focused corporations or leading technology companies.
This product role requires enough technical fluency in the underlying technologies to credibly engage developers and data scientists in conversations around architecture and delivery. The PM also should be a product athlete, fluent in Agile and leading frameworks, with a long history of successfully designing and launching B2B products.
This position is currently 100% remote through late summer, after which time can be based in our corporate HQ in Boston, in our Austin, Toronto or Silicon Valley offices, or in other US cities with a 25% monthly on-site presence in Boston.
- Own product strategy, development and roadmaps for Wayfair’s customer communications platform, ultimately developing a multiyear product vision..
- Partner with marketing and service stakeholders to deeply understand their businesses and co-develop potential solutions to supercharge growth, improve marketing efficiency, increase customer satisfaction, and enhance automation.
- Develop new internal Wayfair markets for Customer Communications products and build out platforms into enterprise use cases beyond communications.
- Use Agile processes to collaborate with Engineering and Data Science to execute on the roadmap while harnessing the power of emerging technologies.
- Recruit, lead, and mentor a team of product managers, as well as encourage a high-performance culture.
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress throughout Wayfair from C-level stakeholders on down.
- Create frameworks for build/buy decisions and manage vendor selection and relationships.
- Coordinate product strategy with Customer Success and Experience Design to ensure that our internal customers get the maximum value and efficiency from our platforms .
- Develop and monitor OKRs for key product initiatives and ensure alignment with stakeholder objectives.
- Collaborate with Ad Tech product leaders to build products that seamlessly address the entire Wayfair customer journey.
- Work with leadership to improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Wayfair product and engineering team.
Desired Skills / Experience
- 10+ years in technology product management with exposure to the full lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond. Experience in commercial software/SaaS or e-commerce companies a plus.
- 3+ years building high-volume marketing messaging products (internal apps or SaaS platforms) in a brand, retailer, agency or technology company as a product manager. If you have additional experience as a marketer running communications channels/campaigns or an engineer/data scientist creating messaging applications, even better (but not required).
- Builder mentality -- you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions, and have demonstrated success in creating business-focused products.
- 3+ years leading product teams, with work in a geographically dispersed environment a plus.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand the underpinnings of products to make key decisions as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists. Hands-on data-wrangling skills with SQL and BI tools a strong plus.
- Knowledge of the martech messaging space, key players, and how messaging, ads, and audiences/lists interact. Extra points for ad tech experience.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- A “no excuses” mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity, while maintaining a grace-under-pressure demeanor.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.