Senior Design Researcher (Senior-level, Contract, Healthcare Focus)
Remote - Seattle, Washington, United States
Substantial is looking for a senior design researcher with healthcare experience to tease out relevant insights via research. Design deliverables will include a report of research findings including core insights, design research principles, and user archetypes. We expect this project to start as soon as the team is solidified (potentially immediately) and to last for 3 months.
In your day-to-day you will:
- Help plan, execute, and moderate primary research (e.g. developing research protocol, screeners, discussion guides, and activities)
- Lead synthesis of research, developing foundational insights and strategic frameworks to guide product teams to make design/product decisions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other researchers and designers to guide creation of synthesis assets such as personas, user journeys, ecosystem maps, and readout reports
- 5-7 years of Design Research experience, especially qualitative / generative research (in-depth interviewing, ethnography, etc)
- Background in Human-Centered Design and Design Thinking practices
- Strong written, speaking/presentation, and storytelling skills
- Additional subject matter expertise in digital product design, healthcare, and/or systems design
- Experience developing and applying insights in a regulated (government, healthcare, education etc) product development process
- Experience moderating research with patients and/or other sensitive groups in a regulated environment
To apply, please submit your cover letter/resume, one of which should include a link your portfolio.