Senior Product Manager, Order Access
The operations product teams at Wayfair are entrepreneurial, value-oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the most talented engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products. We work to drive speed & convenience for the customer and cost efficiency across the full value chain, from manufacturing to home delivery to customer service.
Within Operations, the Order Access product team is a central component to Wayfair’s global fulfillment, technical scale strategies, customer service and the broader Order Systems platform. Order data is some of the most valuable information Wayfair has, and everyone in the company - people, teams, analysts, systems - needs it. This workstream is all about ensuring order data can be scalably accessed in the same, known, fully supported ways. New orders are processed every millisecond and previously processed orders are updated and changed just as often. The Access team is placed squarely in the middle of this information flow ensuring APIs reflect real time status, event streams are consistent, order data are easily searchable and accessible, and large cross-functional projects are enabled. In this space, the Platform PM will have an expansive view across the Wayfair business landscape and the opportunity to make a significant impact -- multiple Wayfair-wide, mission critical initiatives that are key to our future growth rely directly on your team.
In this role, you will synthesize the strategic goals, pain points, and opportunities of each of your functional partners (ex. the broader Order Systems platform, self-service/My Account, service agents, supply chain and technology leadership). You are accountable for alignment on a shared vision and product strategy for the Access team. This means optimizing the value creation across your space and enabling rapid iterative delivery against shared goals. You will be accountable to build a product vision, strategy, and roadmap that shortens time to value across aligned priorities in these spaces.
- Strong empathy skills
- Synthesis and harmonization are key strengths - can create alignment and shared understanding across functional boundaries
- Influence, cross-functionally, without explicit authority
- Comfort proposing straw-person frames and solutions - accountability for creating aligned vision, strategy, and execution plans
- Technical savvy and credibility interfacing with technology leaders
- Big-picture perspective - able to see and understand impacts and opportunities up and downstream from any topic
- Audacity - willing to lead in articulating a path forward despite sitting between spaces
- Ensure we transform initiatives and strategic requirements into actionable items on our product roadmap, balancing value narratives across functions
- Help partners & stakeholders to understand complex technical processes
- Provide a technical framework for stakeholder and engineering communication based on metrics, KPI’s and business goals
- Proactively communicate opportunities given by our current product capabilities through metrics and measurements
- Serve as a technical partner to engineering stakeholders to further enhance our platform and drive design conversations to address global needs
- Enable problem solving across a number of initiatives, and build scalable, global, flexible products that enable speed to value across those initiatives
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Monitor performance and measure impact of product enhancements
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on strategic Wayfair operations solutions
- Work with your team to translate the vision of the operational departments into robust, intuitive systems
- Transform the needs of priority initiatives into a technical approach, driven by implementation focused details, in the form of specifications towards peers in engineering / data science / operations research
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.