Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
As a Scrum Master you will facilitate and lead Scrum events, coach the teams you work within to become self-organised and cross functional as well facilitate impediment clearing.
Many of our clients that have adopted Scrum and Agile ways of working have organisation wide coaching circles or communities of practice. You will need to be open to participating in these, guiding the organisations along their journey.
As many of our clients are at varying stages of their Agile transformation, you will need to be able to adapt. When supporting our clients along their journey, we are often provided with a unique opportunity to help them move into the right direction.
You may need to create and maintain a budget, the Risks and Issues Register and send out status reports.
Many of our clients do need the support of a project manager while they are on their transformation journey, and you may need to accommodate this to be successful in this role.
If you come from a software development, development team lead or business analysis background then this role could be your next career move. You will have some project management already under your belt, and be able to run projects end to end in using Agile methodology
You’ll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, consistently planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
You will need qualification showing your understanding of the Scrum framework and how it is implemented, as well as a minimum of 3-4 years software Agile project management/business analysis or Scrum Mastering experience.
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum methodology is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all Scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients. Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.