Scrum Product Owner
pureIntegration is looking for a Scrum Product Owner works with scrum teams to help manage stakeholders, facilitate feature requests, build business cases, and prioritize the work of the development team. This role will work on new and/or iterative product development projects related to WOW!’s Video IP and standard QAM infrastructure. Assist the product management team in vetting out technical requirements. This role serves as the product owner on internal technology projects relating to tools, systems, and/or infrastructure. This role is responsible for managing technology roadmaps and ensures we have the appropriate business cases in place to drive the prioritization of development activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Collaborates with Business / Functional/Technical analysts to drive out requirements and sequencing of epics and user stories.
- Work on one or more scrum teams to help prioritize and organize releases, epics, and user stories to ensure delivery of the most business value out of each sprint and subsequent release.
- Continuously groom the backlog to ensure all feature requests and necessary work is captured and entered into Jira.
- Ensure that the “definition of done” or acceptance criteria is documented for every task or user story in the backlog.
- Work with internal customers and stakeholders to capture, define and clarify the requirements for each epic in the backlog. Create PRD’s where applicable.
- Establish relationships with internal customer groups and facilitate monthly request and demo meetings to ensure that we stay in sync on what’s delivered and what will be worked on next.
- Create and manage technical product roadmaps and releases to ensure the needs of the business are met in regards to delivered functionality and time.
- Negotiate with the development team prior to each sprint to ensure the right tasks and stories are being delivered in order to meet release timeframes and business objectives.
- Work closely with the development team to establish standard release intervals for each product under management.
- Drive the successful delivery of releases through continuously communicating with stakeholders and the development team on progress, changes to scope, and risks.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in business, project management, or computer science from an accredited college or university or appropriate combination of education and experience
- Certified scrum product owner certification is preferred. We will work with the right candidate to acquire this certification.\
Work Location - Remote
- 5-7 years of experience working as a product or project manager, or business analyst in a technical field.
- Knowledge of scrum project and product management processes is critical
- Expertise with Jira is required.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of SDLC, and technology development methodologies and processes.
- Experience presenting to executives, leaders, and stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Video Domain Experience
Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office applications, G-Suite applications, MAC OSX
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.