Scrum Master - Remote Working (UK)
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Scrum Master - Remote Working (UK)
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020. At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll collaborate with an experienced group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a distributed role so applicants can be based anywhere in the UK. Please note that you may, on occasion, be required to visit the London office so we can only accept applications from residents based in the UK.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to help us work across a number of different initiatives within our engineering teams. Our engineering teams are using the Scrum framework, working in 2 week cycles and using JIRA as our core issue tracking and project management tool.
It is an exciting time to join! You will partner with world class Engineers, Designers, Product and Engineering Managers to help make Zego the best loved insurance startup in the world.
About the role
Over the next 12 months:
- You will guide the engineering team(s) on how to use Agile processes (mainly the Scrum framework) with a focus on self-organised teams.
- You will support the engineering teams by removing impediments and coaching the development teams in removing impediments;
- You will facilitate scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, sprint demos, retrospectives, and daily stand ups)
- You will collaborate with Engineering Managers to implement changes that increase the productivity of the engineering team
- You will work closely with Product Managers to ensure scope, requirements and acceptance criteria are suitable for development
- You will support Product Managers to refine and maintain the product backlog
- You will work with other Scrum Masters to adopt a structured and transparent approach to planning and will be responsible for the measurement of delivery metrics
- You will use metrics effectively to identify and drive practices to achieve effective delivery and to capture the effectiveness of changes
- You will work closely with Product Managers, Stakeholders and Engineers, communicating effectively to understand context and translating requirements into technical tasks
- You will work closely with the Engineering team(s) to ensure they have full awareness of their priorities, progress and ability to deliver
- You will be responsible for reporting on the delivery of the team(s) you are supporting
We are looking for somebody with a strong working knowledge of agile software development, techniques and artefacts.
You will either have past experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach and strong experience successfully delivering technology-related products or projects. We want somebody who is proactive, has excellent communication skills and has strong facilitation experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.