Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a Scrum Master to join our Information Technology team.
Reporting to the Director, Development & QA the Scrum Master is responsible for team process governance, execution, continual process improvement, and integration with Dev Ops release management processes for the software development and quality management activities of assigned software development teams.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What your day looks like:
- Manage day-to-day aspects of Agile framework ceremonies including (Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospective, and Daily Stand-Ups)
- Coach team members and the wider organization in Agile frameworks/tools, help teams implement changes effectively, and guide development teams to high levels of agile maturity
- Facilitate effective collaboration, decision-making, issue resolution, and consensus among the team members and dependent teams
- Perform a leadership role and support the team by proactively identifying and removing impediments and dependencies
- Create, maintain, and coordinate execution of team-level deployment plans
- Oversee team-level code management
- Manage project scope, timeline, and facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Provide information and metrics for project reporting and analytics
- Be the team point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders) and intake processes
- Understand key business objectives and present novel designs, solutions, implementations, strategies of an enterprise or architectural nature to the architectural council for discussion and approval
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Ensure deliverables are up to enterprise quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
Your experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, acceptance criteria, backlog refinement)
- Certified in Agile frameworks and methodologies (scrum master, product owner, or agile leadership certifications)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills (including upwards, sideways, and downwards communications in the IT organization)
- Strong problem-solving, decision making, and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills and interest in leadership
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, technical diploma, or other applicable software development work experience
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $90 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.