Senior Investment Product Analyst
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1761
Location: Calgary or Edmonton
Apply by: May 5, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Allan Leung
As ATB’s next Senior Investment Product Analyst, the “Analyst”, you will contribute to the design, ongoing research, analysis, and recommendation of investment products for the investment dealer’s product shelf, monitoring and conducting product due diligence and have familiarity with the regulatory obligations in regards to Know Your Product (KYP). In addition, this role will conduct product positioning, market and industry research, understand market trends, and support of the overall investment product management initiatives across ATB Wealth.
Under the direction of the Managing Director, this role provides insights and recommendations to ATB Wealth's product strategy, will produce decisions to support the investment product ecosystem process, performs due diligence and monitoring functions related to external active and index investment products and works on special projects, as
required. As a senior member of a diverse and dynamic group, the Wealth Products team, the Analyst represents the investment dealer when working closely with various third party investment fund managers, financial advisors, compliance and marketing to deliver positive outcomes for ATB Wealth advisors and clients.
The Analyst plays an instrumental role in the idea generation and due diligence related to new and existing investment products with the IRROC licensed Financial Advisors in mind. This role will be instrumental in creating and managing a database of investment managers, investments products across a range of asset classes and market segments. The Analyst will assist with other investment research projects including monitoring emerging trends and products across the industry.
Senior Investment Product Analyst Accountabilities:
- Build and maintain expert level of knowledge on ETFs, Mutual Funds, stocks and bonds as well as market, industry and business knowledge
- Deliver and effectively articulate key insights to promote recommended product shelf to explain various key metrics
- Collaborate with Portfolio Analysts to position proprietary investment and third party products in order to help advisors develop customized client analysis and solutions
- Provide regular updates on approved investment products to internal partners
- Understand each distribution channel and assist the Managing Director of Wealth Products in developing appropriate product strategies
- Create new analytical tools to support investment product decisions
Investment product shelf management
- Develop and communicate expertise on investment products (i.e. mutual fund, ETFs, etc.) and industry trends
- Manage dealer third party investment manager relationships, leveraging expertise in asset allocation, investment selection and portfolio construction to create a value-driven investment product shelf
- Provide in-depth analysis of current and prospective investment product offerings, competitive landscape and investor profiles as well as support new product research
- Product positioning and competitive differentiation; define unique capabilities and benefits/value proposition to effectively help advisors retain existing clients and win new ones
- Build and maintain an expert level of knowledge on client focused reforms, more specifically know your product requirements for both the firm and advisor.
- Manage, continuously analyze and articulate points of differentiation for approved products and strategies
- Regularly perform competitive analysis, analyzing assets and flows, competitive performance, and positioning; communicating to the Managing Director of Wealth Products
- Assist in developing long-term strategic planning for investment products for the investment dealer.
- Contribute new investment product ideas and input throughout the ATB Wealth product development process
- Provide analysis market and industry trends
- Build and maintain an intimate level of knowledge on institutional and retail investment vehicles, providing regular feedback on competitive intelligence and product development opportunities.
- Create client-facing team enthusiasm for new investment products
Commentary and content
Regularly lead and/or contribute to:
- Various investment related commentary
- Product reviews
- Market commentary
- Create regular (quarterly and/or semi-annual) reports on recommended investment products
- Creating content for fact sheets, brochures, or web content. Developing story lines for product positioning, and providing input for web, presentations, and advisor talking points.
- Draft reactive and proactive messaging to position key attributes of the product suite
- Client advocate within the organization
- Develop deep partner relationships with all internal stakeholders by communicating:
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment philosophy, process, performance and research
- Capital markets knowledge combined with the ability to interpret and communicate the impacts to investment performance
- Investment strategies, performance, and other metrics and analysis
Education and experience
- University degree preferably in the business, financial or economic field.
- CFA charter holder
- An MBA would be an asset
- CFP designation would be an asset
- 7-10 years of industry experience
- Analytical thinker
- Strategic mindset
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!