Senior Product Designer, CartaX
San Francisco, California, United States
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta, we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack who enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be joining our newest vertical at Carta called CartaX. The CartaX team creates more owners by removing restrictions on when and how employees exercise equity. Our team is building a greenfield marketplace that will allow the trading of shares in return for liquidity for employees of pre-IPO companies. CartaX will be the world’s first vertically integrated financial marketplace for private securities.
The design team works across all projects on CartaX—from our marketing branding system, our in-app product design system, our web and mobile products, and also our public-facing websites.
The Problems You’ll Solve
The design team collaborates with our product and engineering teams to develop and build the customer-facing workflows that drive interaction with our transaction platform as well as help define requirements for complex, large-scale initiatives. Crafting user-focused experiences is a key focus of our team because we have a wide spectrum of users who rely on the product for an understanding of their ownership options.
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve are:
- Convert complex, multi-user, transactional offline processes into delightful self-service products
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Business, and Data to uncover customer insights and influence strategy to help define and execute the roadmap
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and testing for your features
- Drive in weekly design workshops and act as a mentor for junior designers
- Discover ways to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and mobile applications
We are looking for a strong designer to envision the future of private market trading - someone who can drive strategy, ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you. We're also interested in:
- Experience leading product design of complex problems for desktop or mobile
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrate advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
- Deep understanding of how to design and prototype at the appropriate degrees of fidelity to solicit clear customer feedback
- Designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- A history of working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta