Sr. Manager, Product Marketing
East Coast, United States
Vonage Marketing Mission: We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented organization that produces and delivers the content Vonage needs to entice, educate, engage with and sell to customers around the world.
We connect with the external marketplace through all media including print, digital and social. Our team leverages deep industry, market and customer data into actionable insights and marketing strategies. We are creative and collaborative, striving to translate how Vonage’s products and services can meet the needs of our current and future customers.
Why this role matters:
The Senior Manager, API Product Marketing at Vonage is a strategic position for an individual with the expertise and experience who stands out among their peers as a product manager in Communications APIs. Reporting to the Sr. Director of API Product Marketing, the Senior Manager of Product Marketing will manage the launch and GTM of our API portfolio. He/she will work across a wide variety of cross-functional stakeholders, teams, and product areas and be the accountable owner for driving the GTM execution for product launches within the API business.
Product Marketing develops marketing plans for products and product lines, enhancing and distinguishing Vonage within the competitive arena. We oversee market research, monitor competitive activity and partner with internal stakeholders to generate product-specific positioning and materials that speak to diverse customer segments. The Senior Manager, Product Marketing, directs Product Marketing activities to broaden, improve and optimize marketing efforts.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…
What you will do:
- Facilitate strategic communication with business partners on marketing programs and objectives.
- Build, plan and ensure execution of marketing programs in alignment with channel and segment marketing needs.
- Drive and execute integrated marketing plans within assigned markets and product areas.
- Drive and ensure effective coordination with Vonage cross-functional teams.
- Oversee the full range of Product Marketing activity, including:
- Working with product, marketing and other internal stakeholders to understand product capabilities, marketing and campaign objectives,
- Developing key messages and identifying target audiences,
- Identifying appropriate media and communications channels,
- Ensuring effective content development,
- Ensuring content and messaging consistency between channels and platforms,
- Monitoring campaign effectiveness,
- Creating and sharing reports and insights with management.
- Deliver innovative, best-practice and potentially game-changing programs to outperform the competition and significantly enhance Vonage’s success and profitability.
- Apply broad knowledge of Vonage products and capabilities, and knowledge of the competitive environment, to identify and recommend optimal product positioning and messaging.
- Own external-facing product launch processes for new products and capabilities, targeted toward current and potential Vonage customers.
- Work closely with product management to translate individual product roadmaps into strong go-to-market programs.
Leverage market insight to build relevant, compelling and scalable content / awareness / demand programs, sales enablement tools and customer-facing assets.
Monitor marketing execution and customer feedback to guide not only future marketing efforts but also product design and development. Drive process improvement efforts to improve program effectiveness and efficiency.
What you will bring:
- Advanced understanding of the full range of products and services provided by Vonage Business.
- Advanced understanding of the full range of marketing channels available to make Vonage products more visible, accessible and appealing to current and potential customers.
- Strong understanding of how partnerships and alliances work to the mutual benefit of Vonage and partner companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to:
- Consult with business leaders on product marketing and operational issues, trends and challenges.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to clarify business and performance expectations.
- Apply judgment to prioritize activity and address the most pressing partner / marketing needs.
- Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations.
- Tailor communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
What is required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Experience in communications, preferably with Communications API
What is in it for you:
- In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.