VP, Product Marketing, Observability
We are a group of creative technologists that live at the intersection of Engineering and Storytelling. From producing a video tutorial to composing a complex demo, we love crafting content that connects the what, how, and why of our product stack in an authentic and engaging way. Whether it’s a major release or a new product launch, we drive all aspects of the GTM strategy - from defining the core message to getting the company enabled and aligned to it. Product Management brings product to life, we bring them to market.
Reports to the VP of Product & Vertical Marketing
We are looking to add a new node to our cluster, focusing on defining and driving the GTM strategy for our Observability solution. Elastic was just named a Visionary in Gartner’s MQ for APM. This person is responsible for all aspects of Product Marketing in service to our GTM efforts, including market segmentation, messaging and positioning, competitive differentiation, content creation, field enablement, and analyst relations. You will work closely with Elastic product managers, engineering and sales and all aspects of the Marketing function to align and communicate Elastic’s vision to the market in service to driving awareness and creating a pipeline. Success criteria include market expansion, internal and external validation, pipeline creation and customer success that translates into recurring revenue for Elastic.
- Provides thought leadership around market trends and competing solutions
- Understands the process and rigor required to develop outcome-based messaging content that aligns to our corporate messaging, by industry and persona
- Brings excellent leadership and teamship to the company, interfaces effectively with Product, Sales and Marketing
- Is the expert on target personas and segments, how customers buy and users adopt our products, and the value they derive from them
- Understands the power of Community in a free & open environment
- Defines end-to-end GTM plan with measurable KPIs against key goals; reporting on key initiatives at the company level
- Clearly articulates Elastic’s position and differentiation vs similar offerings. Be the expert on competitive capabilities.
- Create, curate and present compelling content for consumption on the web, press releases, executive briefings, blogs and sales enablement
- Represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences and press interviews
- Leads a growing Observability PMM team, including hiring and development of talent
What You Will Bring
Being successful will require you to bring Observability domain expertise. Familiarity with Elastic products is a plus. We would love to hear from you, if you have:
- Well respected leader who has built, scaled and lead global teams of 5 - 15 people within a Product Marketing function
- Several years experience leading outbound product initiatives focused on enterprise customers with complex requirements
- Creative energy, courage to throw out the playbook, and out of the box thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Technically savvy with respect to our products, solutions and industries we play in and capable of learning quickly
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional role with a highly distributed team