Product Design Team Lead, Infrastructure
New York, Boston, Remote - US
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Product Designers work on embedded cross-functional teams, collaborating closely with PMs and engineers on major product areas. Product Design is its own department, independent from engineering or product management. We’re a full-stack design team, owning all aspects of our work including research, prototyping, visual design and engineering hand-off. We work closely together, and collaborate with our DesignOps team to develop our design system and tooling.
Infrastructure monitoring is our largest and most widely used product, giving engineers access to real-time data about their hosts, containers, functions and more to troubleshoot problems and improve performance. The infrastructure product includes advanced data visualizations and analytics, and the designers working on it develop a deep understanding of cloud services and tools like AWS, Azure and GCP.
We’re looking for a Team Lead with a passion for building technical tools and great software experiences. Our designers build the UI that developers around the world rely on: real-time dashboards, data visualizations, data-driven notebooks, core site functionality, and the design systems and tools that power it. Their work makes the data we collect easy for users to understand and act on.
As a lead on a fast-growing team you’ll help define new products and lay the groundwork for new and exciting experiences. You’ll grow and mentor a talented team of designers and you’ll be involved in every step of the design process—defining product strategy, collaborating with PMs and engineering leads, researching, prototyping and scaling design with new systems and processes.
About the role:
As a Product Design Team Lead on Infrastructure Monitoring, you will manage a team of product designers working on a suite of connected products within our infrastructure offering. As a lead, you will be responsible for representing the team to our partners in Engineering and Product Management, as well as internally to the Design team. You will help connect your team’s work to our overall mission and business goals. This is a hands-on leadership position, and you may do some product design work as needed or desired.
- Manage and mentor a team of 3–5 Product Designers
- Hire and retain amazing designers, and help shape our team culture
- Mentor designers in their practice, prioritization, strategy and career growth
- Support and improve the work of your team with regular design reviews and collaboration sessions
- Own your team’s priorities, planning and execution, connecting them to larger business and product priorities
- Collaborate with other Team Leads, Product Managers, and Engineers on feedback and critique of product and processes
- Prior experience working on SaaS products and a deep understanding of the SaaS business model
- At least 2 years of experience managing multiple product designers
- At least 5 years of experience designing digital products
- At least 1 years experience working with design systems
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record shipping interaction design work for web applications
- Your management experience includes team goal planning and feature prioritization
- You give and receive feedback well, and support and improve the work of your colleagues
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- You have worked on technical products and data visualizations
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or developer tools
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.