Product Marketing Manager, Growth
Discord is growing fast and we're building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale our product. The product marketing team sits at the center of our users and our product and plays an important part in how we grow and evolves. We're a passionate, smart, and kind group of people who need more experts to continue making Discord the best place to talk.
At the heart of Discord's communities are the members. The Growth team at Discord acquires, onboards, and helps each member to find a community and friends, learn how to use the product, and create their own communities. The Growth team brings Discord to the next billion people around the world.
We're looking for a product marketer with consumer experience who will partner with the Growth teams to create a vision, build systems, and features, and create creative solutions to large-scale, international social network problems. Must love experimentation and data!
You'll launch consumer-facing features, updates and work on new segment launches that make it easier and more fun for new users to join and find belonging on Discord. You will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
What you'll be doing
- Partner directly with Product and Engineering teams to identify the right experiments to run, data/telemetry to analyze, and the features to improve user growth on Discord
- Develop overarching product narrative in partnership with Product, Engineering, and Communications teams
- Set and build agreement for global launch strategy and rollout, including goal-setting and success metrics
- Create product and feature positioning and communication plans
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to support ongoing product roadmap planning with user insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Provide clear user education, tools, and support with Product Design, Customer Experience, and Policy teams to maintain positive user sentiment
- Develop marketing campaigns with Community and Creative teams to bring delight to Discord users and partners
What you should have
- 3+ years of product marketing experience in tech, preferably with social products, technologies, and platforms
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative data to build products and stories
- Experience with marketing execution and consistency, including building and scaling products globally
- Experience working with growth marketers and growth teams to understand the full user experience funnel and how to dissect and improve it
- Experience with driving or working directly with research to identify user benefits and consumer truths that lead to relevant insights
- Incredible resourcefulness to guide teams toward agreement and decisions
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Experimental design or direct analytics experience (you can pull your own queries)
- Experience within Growth Marketing or Growth Product teams
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
- Entrepreneurial or start-up background
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.