Senior Product Design Lead - Catalog Media
Note: You must be located in the Boston area to be considered for this position.
Who We Are:
We are the Catalog Media team and the backbone of the greater overall experience at Wayfair. We are responsible for the gorgeous product images that you love and see on the website. Every month we produce thousands of images to meet the growing demand of our suppliers. These images and scenes are meticulously designed by some of the best 3D Artists and Art Directors on the planet. As a Product Designer on this team, you will interact directly with our artists (and other users) to design and iterate on our state-of-the-art software.
In Catalog Media, we are not just looking for a designer, we are looking for a product owner. Someone who will own the planning and execution of our vision and help us take our products to the next level. We rely on data and analysis to drive our decision-making and planning, and we need design leadership that will participate in the creation and use of that data. You’ll own key projects and be involved from start to finish. You’ll have opportunities to recommend direction, set design strategy and guidelines, and will be regularly working with our stakeholders to ensure quality of results.
Who You Are:
We’re looking for someone who eats, breathes, and dreams design that can leverage core design thinking principles to solve complex problems. You know how to make meaning of data and visualize it on a screen. You can take direction from a product manager or engineer and use your expertise as a designer to make it your own. You have strong critical thinking skills and love to constantly test assumptions without taking things at face value. You are an excellent communicator with the rapport building skills to empathize with and understand your users’ needs, then draw out design decisions from.
- Lead and conduct usability tests and user acceptance tests (UAT) with a variety of different users, such as 3D artists and QAs
- Work directly with product managers and stakeholders to define goals and outcomes for a variety of build and implementation initiatives
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to execute design concepts that deliver on business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Conceptualize and create wireframes, workflows and other UX deliverables that represent your design thinking capabilities
- Help evolve the design team in Catalog Media by using your design experience and best practices.
- Be an owner and have a voice. This requires not being afraid to step into a leadership role to own a project from start to finish and being responsible for the processes and results.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of professional UX experience
- Passion for defining and creating functional and engaging user experiences
- Experience and focus on service design, user research and functional definition of the user experience, emphasizing design thinking and collaboration with your product and engineering partners, and with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to present and articulate ideas, openness to evolve opinions that inform beliefs
- Ample experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiating priorities
- Experience working with Agile engineering teams, including the use of Jira for work tracking
- A portfolio that showcases evidence of your exemplary design thinking approach to solving complex problems
- Strong skills in, and understanding of, modern design processes and tools, particularly Sketch, Abstract, and Figma, and the use of pre-existing and evolving design systems
- Demonstrable UX experience, preferably within a large organization and managing multiple projects
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.