Senior Product Designer - Clinical Operations and Science
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in the clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for designers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
About the role
This designer is responsible for an essential part of the internal analysis process. They will oversee and execute on all design solutions related to report generation. This encompasses tools equipped to measure quality of the data, aggregate data points from various sources, facilitate industrialized scientific workflows, and formalize sign off from pathology. It is imperative this role executes quickly and comprehensively on design solutions. They will work very closely with product management as well as engineering, to define scope and agree upon appropriate solutions. This position also involves close collaboration with our scientific subject matter experts, and is a great chance to learn more about the science behind genomic sequencing.
- 5+ of experience in fast-paced creative environments
- You are resilient, humble and a people person.
- You have experience helping lead and mentor designers of various backgrounds
- You’re a skilled storyteller and ‘conceptor’, with experience working in a multidisciplinary environment to develop concepts that delight customers and deliver business results
- A preference for progress over perfection.
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well. Capable of context switching between short and long term visions.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker
- Experience with Sketch, Figma or a comparable tool.
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users and streamline processes.
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Help shape the product strategy and vision
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs
- Conduct user research and testing to validate hypothesis and finalize solutions
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- Help maintain visual and interaction consistency between products
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business and user goals into successful product experiences