Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We are looking for a Product Owner to join the Strategy and Business Transformation division.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Analysis, the Product Owner will work closely with the Delivery Teams to bring the product roadmap to life. In this role, the Product Owner is responsible for managing the product backlog to show clarity, transparency and alignment with the roadmap. The Product owner ensures the delivery team’s work is maximized to obtain the highest value for the product.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What your day looks like:
- Provide backlog management and prioritization, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Prioritize, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to analyze the needs and align product backlog to strategic goals
- Working closely with the Scrum Master to provide vision and direction to the Agile development team
- Draft key objectives and results strategies and use the data to drive business decisions
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product
- Accountable for the created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business partners
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on tasks with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Lead product release planning and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
Your experience and skills:
- Agile Certification (e.g. Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Product Owner) an asset
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Product Owner, Product Marketing or Business Analyst
- Working knowledge of product delivery tools including Confluence, JIRA & SmartSheet
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple simultaneous assignments
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $95 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso Wealth is owned by Credit Union Centrals, The Co-operators / CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at 150 credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Direct Investing, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso Wealth also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. We have operations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal with a regional office in Winnipeg. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.