New York, NY, United States
Who We Are
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join us and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who You Are
This position is for an experienced UX Researcher ready to establish and evangelize their discipline at Dataminr while proactively collaborating with teams across the organization.
- You know how to identify the right research questions and know the right methodologies to answer them
- You fall in love with problems, not solutions, and are an advocate for your users
- You are a storyteller who delivers compelling insights and a call to action in a way that generates empathy, alignment, and energy
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt your plans as new information becomes available
- You’re relentlessly curious and love thinking about the intersection of people and technology
What You’ll Do
The user experience team is currently made up of product designers with a wide range of skills but we’re looking to bring on more specialists in areas such as research and writing. This would be the first research role on the team.
As a UX Researcher, you'll be collaborating with designers, product managers, and engineers focused on delivering valuable and intuitive experiences to international newsrooms, Fortune 500's, and enterprise organizations within the public sector.
- Play a key role throughout the product development lifecycle by supporting discovery, refining solutions, and identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Identify the right participants for research and manage participant recruitment
- Conduct research various forms of research including discovery research to understand user mindset and workflows and evaluative research to guide design iterations on multiple aspects of our products and experiences
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- Publish findings and maintain a research database to promote a user-centered mindset throughout the company
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years research experience, ideally for enterprise software
- Experience on a small team in a fast-paced environment
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.