Product Manager, Payments Acceptance
Seattle. Remote in North America only
Create more revenue for our users.
Payment declines are painful: businesses lose revenue and their customers are frustrated. Our Payments Acceptance team focuses on making sure that all legitimate payments are accepted, which translates into increased revenue for businesses on Stripe.
About the role and the team:
Payments Acceptance is at the core of what Stripe does: abstract complex payments understanding so that users don’t have to understand it at all -- it’s like Stripe automatically creates more revenue for them.
Our ideal Product Manager has led payments, API, or technical products with surprisingly great user experiences at scale, has deep user empathy, and is adept at product and market strategy.
At Stripe, product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics, and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a full-stack engineering and cross-functional team, and collaborate with experienced product managers across Stripe.You may be a fit if
- You have impeccable product taste, and have shipped products that users rave about at scale
- You have an extreme attention to detail, and a high bar for product excellence.
- You can set up and drive stellar execution across product, partnerships, and go-to-market teams. You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems.
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration.
- Strongly preferred: Experience with payments and APIs.
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.