Product Owner - Contract
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a Product owner covering Infra/Security stream of work.
This is for an initial 3 month contract, which may extend; 40 hours per week.
What you’ll bring:
- Collaborate with specific stakeholders to determine priorities
- Manage and maintain the backlog of work
- Ensuring user stories – focused on outcomes, rather than solutions.
- Lead and assist the team with task estimation and manage sprint planning and execution
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understand Digital Services and Organisation’s strategic direction and communicates that effectively to all levels of staff.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and report ROI, risk analysis and product effectiveness.
- Act as a team mentor, coach, planner and advocate of fast and flawless execution
- Be able to inspire and motivate teams.
- Consult and communicate regularly with stakeholders to ensure solutions scope and impact is clearly understood.
- Perform administrative responsibilities, including detailed utilisation and time tracking.
- Perform project assessments, scoping, cost estimates, time allocation/tracking,
- Produce high quality documentation as required.
- Provide Project Management services when required for delivery of a solution.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and coaching to team members, transfer knowledge to other as appropriate.
- Follow change control and other processes and procedures, complete configuration documentation when systems when deploying or modifying systems.
- Develop, maintain and educate on the users of purpose of user stories and how it is used.
- Ensure that user stories are of the correct quality to achieve our business outcomes. Developing the appropriate quality control gates.
- This role is responsible for writing user stories that align to the requested features.
- Ensure logical technical tasks meet requirements of the business-centric user stories.
- Ensure stakeholders have a shared understanding of how their needs will be met and how they will be implemented by maintaining open line of communication and clarifying points of confusion.
- Work with Digital Services people and customers to be able to communicate on testing, integration and data migration.
- Ensure sufficient documentation is completed for all projects.
- Demo product functionality for customers and senior leadership.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Develops appropriately detailed specifications for features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
We are looking for a team player who will split their time between projects and BAU.
Period is for 3 months initially, 40 hours a week. Must be local.
If you’re keen submit your CV NOW!