Redruth, United Kingdom
Our Special Projects Development Team are looking for an Agile product owner to join a software engineering team working with multiple clients. The development model requires different aspects of the product owner role dependent on the experience and availability of the client, ranging from full elicitation of requirements from the relevant stakeholders and estimation to prioritisation of detailed client requirements. The role requires the ability to track requirements across multiple clients and projects and prioritise accordingly.
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 100 people from 18 different countries and we like to have fun at work. We are agile with a very laid back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There's no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code. At Headforwards, our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have lots of social activities and monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. We work in teams dedicated to various clients and we work on global projects with cutting edge technologies, tools and techniques. We live in beautiful Cornwall, our offices are 5 miles from the beach but we also have a large collection of remote workers too!
- Working with the team as an internal Product Owner across multiple clients and projects
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and product stakeholders throughout the project
- Liaising with external product stakeholders to ensure requirements are fully understood and ready for development
- Facilitating refinement and estimation sessions to allow product stakeholders transparency of development items
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the product across multiple clients
- Work with product stakeholders to refine product vision, help create roadmaps and understand growth opportunities
- Work with clients to help them understand the benefits of the Agile model where necessary, including the different roles within the Scrum team
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Assist the Agile Facilitator with Scrum Master duties where required
- Previous experience in client facing environments, working directly with the client to elicit requirements
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and team working skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail
- Experience as a Scrum Master useful