Associate UX Designer (Internship)
Remote - US
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our UX designers thrive on solving hard problems. We foster a culture of design by inviting cross-functional teams into our process to understand our users' pain points, generate different solutions, and test our ideas. Our team delivers products and experiences by combining personal care and modern technology to give people the healthcare they deserve.
We work closely to define emerging patterns, interactions, and visual systems from the ground up to solve problems that haven’t been solved yet -- such as near real-time collaboration with providers on patient care.
We are looking for an Associate Product Designer to join our team. You will work with other designers, engineers, and healthcare professionals building applications that will improve the health outcomes of real people. Through a support system of fellow designers, mentors, events, and feedback, we expect this role to quickly lead to being a more independent designer.
As an Associate UX Designer, you will:
- Be a part of a small design team that crafts the member and provider (i.e. doctors, nurses, hospitals) experiences and the applications our medical team uses during patient home visits.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and our operations team to generate diverse visual solutions to complex problems.
- Explore breadth in design solutions to consider multiple approaches that might solve a problem.
- Cultivate your own skills and knowledge and build your expertise as a designer.
- Gain an understanding of our systems and the healthcare industry, and use that context to build increasingly powerful software.
You will love this job if:
- You have a genuine passion for what design and technology can do to help patient care.
- You are a systems-thinker that can logically visualize complex systems and user interaction flows.
- You are a problem solver that gets excited by big, complicated problems.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values designing with research and data analysis.
- You are a collaborator that can make and communicate design decisions with non-designers.
- You look for opportunities to take ownership and proactively advise on potential areas of design investment.
- You consistently seek feedback and offer feedback to peers and cross-functional partners.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 1+ years of design experience in a design environment, in-house, agency or other relevant industry.
- You have a portfolio that shows a diversity of experience across interaction and visual design.
- You have foundational knowledge of design, experience using Figma, and are eager to develop your skills further.
- You are familiar with user-centered design best practices for web and mobile experiences.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.