Senior Product Marketing Leader
San Francisco or remote
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you'll do:
This role is a critical hire. You'll be the first product marketing manager on the team and will play a huge role in defining the function and driving tons of impact. You'll be responsible for figuring out how to best market our new and existing products so that we can grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: reach 100 million+ active families and tens of millions in revenue while deepening our brand love.
As our senior product marketing lead, you'll help us grow ClassDojo to be the world's most widely-used pre-K-8 product and the world's most-loved consumer education brand for kids by building a deep understanding of our market, creating our positioning, and bringing that to life through excellent storytelling and marketing skills. You'll also have a lot of influence to work with our product teams to shape the future of education.
You'll work with a team of product managers, data scientists, growth marketers, and other cross-functional partners to hit our 10x user and revenue growth goals.
If you're an experienced product marketer and excited to roll up your sleeves to help us achieve our aggressive goals, we'd like to hear from you.
What you'll bring:
- Product Marketing Leadership: You have experience launching products successfully to millions of users. You can craft go-to-market plans with well-defined segmentation, targeting, positioning, messaging, and channel mix strategies. You can create product feature adoption plans for existing products and execute them by working with creative, growth marketing, and product teams.
- User Centricity: You know how to drive market research projects to gain consumer insights and easily integrate the findings into marketing and product plans. You know that marketing's first rule is we're not our customers, and we need to study and learn their behaviors, needs, and motivations to build world-class customer experiences, and you know exactly how to do that.
- Storytelling Skills: You have excellent storytelling skills. You can look at any product page, advertising campaign, email marketing campaign and think of ten ways to improve it. You can take standard product specs and easily turn them into clear, compelling product messaging that will attract customers. You've demonstrated storytelling skills many times in your career with successful product and marketing campaign launches.
- Structured Problem Solving Skills: You know how to work your way through complex problems. You can easily break a problem down into components, ask the right questions, and build a robust framework around the problem before diving into the solutions.
- Intellectual Curiosity: You are highly curious about start-ups, marketing, and technology. You constantly try to improve your knowledge and your craft. You always dig deeper and ask great questions to learn more about our users, our business, and our products.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 6+ years of product marketing experience at a consumer brand.
- You have excellent storytelling skills - you can create a clear, compelling story effortlessly.
- You have experience with copywriting or working with copywriters.
- You have experience driving market research and customer insight projects.
- You have experience with segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- You have experience successfully bringing new products to market.
- You have experience driving integrated marketing campaigns that bring our positioning strategy to life and drive product adoption.
- You have experience with designing and executing A/B testing.
- You have a deep understanding of customers and ability to turn insights into actionable experiments.
- You have strong product intuition and business judgment, strong thought partner for head of marketing and other leaders in the org.
- You are a structured problem-solver
- You work well in resource-constrained environments.
- You move faster than is comfortable, an instigator.
- You have strong follow-through.
- Experience with building GTM plans for international growth
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.