Senior UX Engineer, Events
Who we are:The Events team is responsible for the features and infrastructure that collect, process, and observe data flowing through Segment. We provide the core of the Segment product experience. We’re currently designing new methods for our customers to connect data to Segment, and new tools to analyze and debug Segment implementations. The design team is looking for an experienced UX engineer to collaborate closely with our Events Pillar Design Lead and help bring high-fidelity mockups to life. This role is unique in that you will be an integral partner to the design team — helping validate, ship, and iterate on business-critical product ideas that bring delight to our customers If you’re passionate about great user experience, rapid prototyping, technical products, design tooling, and being a part of the end-to-end product development lifecycle, we’d love to hear from you!
A little about us:
- We enjoy building UIs in React so much that we created and open sourced our own component library: Evergreen
- We believe in using the best tool for the job and incorporating an amazing developer experience.
- We deploy our code multiple times per day.
- We love conferences (one of our engineers spoke in 4 different countries last year!)
- We love open source: https://open.segment.com
- We’re proud of the code we write, but we’re not dogmatic about methodologies or techniques. We believe building the right thing is more important than building things right. However, we take our customers’ dependence on our systems very seriously and strive to build highly performant and reliable software that are parts of our customers’ core infrastructure.
Who we're looking for:
- Build rich, robust user interfaces using React, Typescript, and GraphQL
- Rapidly iterate on new product prototypes
- Uphold a high quality bar for the experiences that you will build
- Implement complex interface designs with attention to micro-interactions, animations, and other fine-grain details
- Optimize for browser rendering performance
- Contribute novel components and UI patterns to our open source component library, Evergreen
- Collaborate closely with design, helping steer product requirements and the final product deliverable
Projects you will work on:
- Building beautiful, performant data visualizations that help customers better debug their Segment instrumentation set-up.
- Creating novel tools to help other engineers build performant user interfaces.
- Contributing new UI patterns and compositions back to our component library, Evergreen.
- 2+ years of front-end or U engineering experience building, running, and debugging web applications using modern JS frameworks (React, Angular, etc)
- A strong sense of design, and appetite for rapidly prototyping interfaces.
- A passion for technical products, and building performant interfaces
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $99,840 - $124,800
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $87,360 - $109,200
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks