Associate Product Owner
Columbia, MO; Kansas City, MO; Remote
EquipmentShare is Hiring an Associate Product Owner
EquipmentShare is searching for an Associate Product Owner to support our team. This position can be local to the Columbia, MO area, the Kansas City, MO, area, or remote.
EquipmentShare is dedicated to creating a connected jobsite for the modern contractor. We deliver user-friendly technology solutions that help contractors maximize their equipment uptime, reduce risk exposure and increase productivity. EquipmentShare’s product offerings include an improved equipment rental experience, fleet tracking and asset management software, hardware security solutions and predictive service and maintenance applications.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country by the end of 2023. Our branch locations are equipped with a broad range of construction equipment, ranging from 150-foot telescopic booms to 120,000-lb. track excavators.
EquipmentShare’s rapid growth goes beyond meeting a demand for equipment rentals in booming new markets. Instead, our mission begins with our rental product, and it’s a testimony to our ability to improve industry standards and better serve the customer. Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart jobsite technology we’ve built into our rental fleet. And it’s just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow With Us
Our Product Owner will have the opportunity to lead the existing development team in its mission to design and build scalable cloud applications. You’ll serve as the team’s business expertise, leading research efforts, planning and prioritization, testing, tuning and generally supporting our Inventory product. You’ll use best practices to ensure your team continues to build high-performing and reliable products successfully.
The Associate Product Owner will work with a highly collaborative team of software engineers other Product Owners, and will report to Product Manager within a specific tech domain. Our ideal candidate is comfortable operating semi-autonomously, is persistent and creative, and has strong problem solving abilities. And must possess effective communication skills while being a natural team player.
- Serve as the primary Product person on a development team of 4-5 engineers
- Partner with Product Manager to define your team's roadmap based on the vision and roadmap for the product
- Connect with users to understand their problems, build empathy, and then engage in accurate and compelling story telling for the development team so they understand the why.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to organize development priorities according to business needs.
- Communicate with the Product Manager and other Product Owners to define cross-team initiatives and maintain an adequately groomed backlog.
- Coordinate your team to define work-breakdown in a way that allows for maximum throughput, facilitate ceremonies, and assist with metrics that are for the team, by the team.
- Write clear and concise business requirements, presentable at multiple levels of understanding.
- Perform acceptance testing on features prior to production to support your team.
- Manage and prioritize personal workload based on the product's objectives.
- You should also have an interest in interface design and user experience.
Our mission to change an entire industry, so we only hire people inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that’s long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
- Problem Solver — possessing exceptional organizational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Persistent and Creative — will do whatever is necessary to get the work done and has a sense of ownership for their work. Knows when to ask for input, but thrives on working through complexities
- Informal Leadership – guides by building trust and influence without needing the authority to direct others. Pulls everyone forward through their knowledge, skills, attributes, and example.
- Exercises Diplomacy – can to tell the truth without being off putting or creating division.
- Ideal candidate has knowledge of the software product development lifecycle
Why We’re a Better Place to Work
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through EquipmentCare
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars, continued education
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve had explosive growth—and we’re not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we’d love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V