Senior Product Manager
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
As a Senior Product Manager leading our customer facing governance product, you will collaborate with a smart, friendly cross-functional team to help make it effortless for our customers to transform and govern their data resulting in better data quality and increased adoption and retention of the Amplitude product.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will:
- Own our data governance and transformation product end-to-end: owning the vision, setting quarterly roadmap, and successfully delivering key product outcomes
- Partner closely with design to lead research and testing (we spend lots of time talking directly to our customers!) in order to understand customer pain and identify opportunities to improve and simplify existing workflows
- Perform competitive research to identify product gaps as well as prioritize new innovation to differentiate the product
- Solve complex problems – particularly in data correction and transformation – with an eye towards innovation
- Orchestrate the delivery of new workflows and improvements by partnering with engineering, design, marketing, sales, customer success (read: every function in the company)
- Use product analytics to understand how our customers use our platform, and help guide decisions on future improvements and optimizations we can make
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Embrace the customer as part of the team. We believe you don’t build what the customer wants, but what the customer wants to become. To create that future, you first have to be an expert in the problem. You interact with customers directly - proxies don’t work - so you always gather first-hand feedback. If you don’t define the problem correctly, everything else is useless.
- Empower everyone to be a leader. We believe teams closest to the problem are best suited to make the hard decisions quickly. We don’t institute stage gates for a reason - you are given autonomy to ensure we are always progressing forward. However, no individual alone is responsible for making every decision. To be a leader means regularly seeking out the opinions of others and giving everyone a stake in the outcome.
- Inspire through storytelling. We believe it is our responsibility to motivate through memorable stories that build a deep understanding of our users' experience. You should tell stories to communicate strategy and inspire the outcomes we want to create for our customers. Building a product is about envisioning some future state, and stories can help people relate to where we are and where we are going.
- Learn through frequent iteration. We believe that rapid iteration is the #1 indicator of success. You strive for a 10x vision, but you get there through 0.1 iterations. To continuously learn, you have to co-develop with customers. It may be faster to build behind closed doors, but by testing “skateboards” you can learn if you’re on the right path and gain the confidence needed to build a world-class experience.
- The desire to become a Data Monster; someone who persistently looks at data to uncover business insights and drive decision-making.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, and PayPal.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.