Lead Technical Product Manager, Developer Platform
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Lead Technical Product Manager to productize our internal product infrastructure to power all of Webflow and enable a deeply integrated web builder experience for our customers. You’ll partner closely with engineering and product teams from across the company to better understand their product objectives, and lead a platform engineering team to build a robust and dynamic internal platform that empowers all product engineering teams at Webflow to work from a shared technical foundation. From building the underlying technology for new Webflow products to enabling 3rd party developers to build native experiences, your work will become the foundational platform upon which the majority of customer-facing Webflow products are built.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote
As a Lead Technical Product Manager, you’ll manage Webflow’s infrastructure platform as a product and…
- Define and execute product vision and strategy for a unified product infrastructure (i.e. core platform)
- Communicate and evangelize the value of the core platform to product engineering teams and business stakeholders by defining, tracking and reporting on metrics
- Work across product, engineering, and executive teams to successfully propel core platform initiatives forward and achieve internal adoption
- Develop and socialize programs that enable all Webflow engineers to learn, adopt, and advocate for product infrastructure platform usage
- Define and build features that will increase Webflow developer efficiency and improve reliability and scalability of the platform
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Lead Technical Product Manager if you:
- Have proven experience as a Product Manager leading internal platform initiatives or developing tools, features, or services for software developers as a customer
- Can map and communicate how engineering system design decisions relate to customer, business, and company outcomes
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit — you're self-driven and you don’t need direction
- Possess deep technical knowledge around complex web applications architecture, APIs, or developer tools
- Can synthesize complex and potentially competing technical requirements into a cohesive roadmap
- Proven ability to identify and reconcile misalignments across different product and engineering teams
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Product Manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.