Product Manager, Cloud (Infrastructure)
Timescale is looking for an experienced Product Manager with a track record of success shipping software and cloud infrastructure.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build the next great cloud-native database and data infrastructure platform. You will be responsible for defining, planning, and shipping advanced capabilities for our managed service, both customer facing and internal, such as those related to database autoscaling, serverless architectures, multi-region deployments, developer-facing management APIs, database forking and backup/recovery, advanced data replication, infrastructure monitoring and logging, and more.
We need you to help us execute tactically and move strategically so we can meet our ambitious goals and build the next great database business. If you have experience in product management and want a role where you can have a direct and immediate impact on a fast growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
- Work with our product/engineering team to craft product strategy, define roadmap, prioritize bugs, and ship new capabilities for our cloud-native database platform
- Gather product ideas from user feedback and interviews, as well as from the engineering, design, customer care, marketing teams
- Generate new product ideas based on first principles, the state-of-the-art, and macro trends
- Work with the marketing team for messaging, positioning, and launch activities
- Discover and define business cases for new market opportunities
- Serve as the connective tissue between engineering, design, marketing, customer care, and other stakeholders, proactively communicating product questions and decisions
- 3+ years of proven track record in product management, ideally working on developer-centric products
- Strong understanding of cloud-native and cloud infrastructure architectures, experience with databases and data infrastructure
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Superlative spoken and written communication skills
- Can focus on output, own responsibilities, and get things done
- Experience exerting influence without direct authority
- Passionate about making developers successful
- Computer Science or technical degree much preferred, or prior experience as a developer
Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and a Timescale cloud platform, offering fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. TimescaleDB offers developers the reliability, performance, scale, and advanced analytical capabilities they need to store and analyze mission-critical data. With over two million active databases deployed worldwide, Timescale customers span all industries and use cases, including: cloud infrastructure monitoring and metrics, SaaS product analytics, media and entertainment, Internet of Things, finance, and more. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.