Product Manager, Cloud (Data and Analytics)
Timescale is looking for a Product Manager for our data and analytics platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build the next great cloud-native database and data infrastructure platform. You will help define and improve our internal data pipelines and infrastructure, dashboards, and analytics for understanding the use of our managed platform. You will be instrumental in maturing our capabilities for understanding the user experience and product journey through data-driven analysis, and leverage this understanding for both new user-facing capabilities and internal stakeholders.
We need you to help us execute tactically and move strategically so we can meet our ambitious goals and build the next great database business. If you have experience in product management – or strong fundamentals and a desire to learn and grow – and want a role where you can have a direct and immediate impact on a fast growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
- Work with our product/engineering team to craft product strategy, define roadmap, and drive analysis of our cloud-native database platform
- Perform data-driven analysis to better understand the user experience and product consumption
- Expose information and analysis with engineering, design, marketing, customer care, and other teams, proactively communicating with relevant stakeholders
- Gather product ideas from user feedback and interviews, as well as from the engineering, design, customer care, marketing teams
- Generate new product ideas based on first principles, the state-of-the-art, and macro trends
- Discover and define business cases for new market opportunities
- Strong data analytical capabilities and ability to ask/answer product questions
- Experience writing SQL queries and/or other programmatic analysis
- Quantitative skills, technical aptitude, and attention to detail
- Superlative spoken and written communication skills
- Can focus on output, own responsibilities, and get things done
- Track record in product management ideally working on SaaS/cloud product is a plus (but not required)
- STEM or other analytical degree much preferred, or prior experience as a developer
Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and a Timescale cloud platform, offering fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. TimescaleDB offers developers the reliability, performance, scale, and advanced analytical capabilities they need to store and analyze mission-critical data. With over two million active databases deployed worldwide, Timescale customers span all industries and use cases, including: cloud infrastructure monitoring and metrics, SaaS product analytics, media and entertainment, Internet of Things, finance, and more. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.