San Francisco, CA
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 150,000 local retailers and 15,000 brands around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Analyst to partner with our Product, Engineering, and Design teams, helping Faire make data-driven product decisions. As a Product Analyst, you'll leverage a unique combination of technical skills and product intuition across a variety of high-impact projects. You'll embed directly in a product pillar, using data to help launch new features or transform an aspect of our marketplace.
What you'll do
- Find actionable insights through exploratory analysis, impact accounting, and experimentation
- Communicate and evangelize data driven insights to ensure the product teams are building the right things and moving the right metrics
- Ensure that our data is trustworthy, reliable, and easy to access
- Build cross-functional relationships with PMs, Engineers, Designers, and Ops to drive strategy and ensure product teams are using data thoughtfully and correctly
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching and more
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in a quantitative or analytical role, preferably at a high-growth tech startup or in management consulting
- You have a solid analytical foundation. You can use SQL to query large datasets, have a strong understanding of product and business metrics, and have experience with A/B testing.
- You are a strong communicator. You can crisply communicate actionable data-driven insights to all audiences.
- You are scrappy and resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to make it happen.
- You have a strong attention to detail. Your analysis is always high quality, accurate, and easy to understand.
- You are an extraordinarily fast learner. You have the natural curiosity and intellectual horsepower to deeply understand new topics and pick up new skills in a very short time.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.