Senior UX Motion Designer
Remote - USA
Posted 1 month ago
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
About Coinbase Design Systems
The Design Systems team at Coinbase plays a critical role in executing on our vision to create more economic freedom for the world, and is at the center of execution for products and marketing across the entirety of the company. We’re building the most secure, trusted, and easiest to use cryptocurrency products for the millions of people just getting started with crypto, as well as long-standing loyal customers with advanced knowledge of the cryptocurrency space.
As a Motion Designer you’ll contribute to our mission, vision and strategy by creating stunning visuals and scalable motion systems that simplify complex interactions and solve challenging design problems. You’ll work closely with Product Designers, UX Researchers, Marketing Communications, Product Managers, and Engineering teams to help build simple, easy-to-use experiences that express the Coinbase brand and values.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop Coinbase’s Motion Design Language that is user centric and utilitarian, and can also scale beyond our mobile & web products to brand & marketing materials.
- Provide creative direction for vendors and CTRs. Improve animation quality and efficiencies.
- Plan as a strategic partner to engineering, product, and marketing, and provide brand Motion Strategy and guidelines that adheres to in-product motion requirements.
- Use user research and data to inform your reasonings.
- Create, maintain, and distribute easy to use components and documentation for our design system.
- Up leveling the design and quality of the Motion Design team by bringing inspired ideas to the table and guiding those ideas through to fruition with attention to detail.
- Produce clear specs that advocate our design language system
- QA work to ensure designs and creative assets are polished and ready for implementation handoff or final delivery
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6+ years of motion design experience in a product and/or marketing setting.
- Ability to use motion to narrate user experience based on users behaviors, needs and emotion.
- Exceptional process thinker. Successful designing Principles, timing frameworks, and hand off documentations.
- Experience successfully designing and building durable motion systems at scale within a large product organization.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to partner with cross-functional partners, to drive towards successful outcomes.
- Demonstrates a strong foundation in basic animation principles, often related to physics and patterns.
- Demonstration of inclusive motion principles and interest in accessibility best practices.
- Self directed, solution oriented, and ability to work autonomously.
- Thrives in a fast-paced (sometimes ambiguous) environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Low ego, collaborative, positive attitude, and open-minded.
- Master in After effects, Lottie and handoff specifications. Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma and Cinema 4D a plus!
Nice to haves:
- Cinema 4D (Redshift and/or Octane Renderer)
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (Principle, Framer, Invision)
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.