Product Manager - Experiments
Jakarta Selatan, Jakarta, Indonesia
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
About Product Management
Our product management team sets the direction for our growing portfolio of products. As advocates of our customers, we collaborate closely with a diverse group of engineers, designers, and business partners to achieve a common goal: shipping high-quality products that help our merchants succeed.
Product managers at Xendit play the role of being the “glue” that binds many functions together in our organization. We interact with our customers, create roadmaps, analyze business processes, design user-facing flows, and facilitate with stakeholders to turn their visions into reality — while having fun along the way.
Build new products from scratch - and experiment with them until you find product-market fit
The Experiments team builds new products that are complementary to our existing suite of digital infrastructure. We take ideas, customer pain points, or gaps in the market and build a new solution from the ground up. This team presents a unique opportunity for people who are looking to build something completely new, rather than improving existing products.
As the name suggests, these products are experimental, meaning they sometimes fail. We’re therefore looking for people who can quickly recognize failure, take feedback and iterate immediately, even if it means leaving behind our previous dreams of what the product could look like.
- Own an Experimental product at Xendit
- Build products customers want and will use
- Research and understand products that are not readily available in Indonesia
- Move faster than conventional product teams - typically Experiment teams launch MVP in < 2 weeks and validate a hypothesis in 2-3 months; else move on to the next thing
- Decide on relevant metrics that contribute to Xendit’s growth and measure progress on how your product continuously meets these metrics
- Decide on metrics for failure, such that you know exactly when to move to the next Experiment / version of the product
- Engage in product discovery to develop MVPs, based on available data and third-party sources
- Communicate with and understand internal and external customers’ needs
- Translate these needs into product requirements for your team
- Lead and collaborate with a team of engineers to build, release, measure, review and improve your products
- Prioritize and build features based on impact to customers and expected growth
- Figure out resources and stakeholders (operations support, compliance, partnerships, etc.) needed to achieve your vision and establish a clear roadmap to get there
- Understand the industry and present business cases for partnerships, major features, or new integrations
- Organise activity to acquire data necessary to power your products, either through primary acquisition, third parties or others
You may be a good fit if
- You have 2+ years of product management experience
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and a very quickly changing environment
- You’re great at collaborating and communicating across a company with engineering, design, marketing, and sales
- You can coordinate on-time delivery of a project to specification across teams where you don’t have line-management responsibility
- You can demonstrate capability in balancing risk prevention with growth
- You obsess about customer welfare and their experience with your products
- You have managed technical software products from ideation to shipping
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in finance or banking
- You’re comfortable with basic financial modeling
- You’ve managed products in fast growing companies
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.