New York, New York, United States
Posted 1 month ago
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Service Designer to create seamless, human-centered, end-to-end journeys. Lead ideation and prioritization workshops, journey mapping, service blueprinting and initiative road-mapping that align to insights associated with user pain-points and opportunities based on human-centered design methods and frameworks. In this role you will lead a team to create disruptive products and concepts that will change the lives of patients and physicians. You will deliver simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users. You have a strong voice and can lead a team to deep insights and roadmaps that will create impact. You are collaborative, results-oriented and an excellent communicator. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will help grow the practice of Service Design at Invitae.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Product Managers and other partners to guide human centered design methodologies, from product discovery phase through scale and optimization, to deliver desirable, viable and feasible product experiences
- Lead service design initiatives end to end, guiding other participants and defining appropriate outcomes
- Collaborate with partners across disciplines and geographies
- Help define and amplify product development process improvements by creating new tools, methodologies, and innovative approaches for the team
- Present concepts for end-to-end service offerings to a wide variety of audiences
- Manage through shifting priorities to provide clear direction and input on product definition
- Embrace and advocate for an experience mindset - always prioritizing the patient first
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in Service design including 3+ years as a project lead
- An outstanding portfolio that exemplifies excellence
- Experience designing an end-to-end associate experience by applying design methods
- Comfortable balancing the needs of the organization, leaders, and associates
- Ability to develop presentations and present findings to leadership with excellent presentation, storytelling and moderation skills
- Ability to anticipate future needs/opportunities for the business, from talent and culture perspective
- Comfortable working with a variety of business partners and delivering measurable outcomes
- Experience working in a cross-functional team and leading teams remotely using Miro and other tools
- An excellent collaborator who leaves ego and the door and helps others to do the same
- Preferred: MA in Design Studies or master of design methods (MDM) preferred
- Preferred: Healthcare or similar complex, highly-regulated industry experience
- Preferred: Mastery of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, Invision, Keynote, or other design and management toolsMastery in multi-channel industry standards and best practices
- Preferred: Experience leading engaging collaboration sessions and workshops with remote, distributed teams
- Preferred: Experience teaching workshops and mentoring others in the tools of service design
- Preferred: Comfortable with leading primary research efforts and usability studies
- Preferred: Mastery of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes including integration with Agile workflows
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.