Senior Director, Product Marketing
Chicago, IL (Preferred) or Remote
Uptake Technologies Inc.
Posted 1 month ago
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is an enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial-grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a proven B2B SaaS marketing leader who excels at managing exceptional teams, messaging and positioning, packaging, pricing, marketing strategy and execution, and content marketing aimed at establishing and extending market leadership.
Your skills in hiring, mentoring, retaining top talent, and fostering a cohesive, high-performing team are critical to success in this role. You will guide a group of product marketers—each focused on a major product area/suite—in developing strategic plans that leverage the full marketing mix, messaging, content, and field enablement that drives market leadership and customer success. You will own the overarching message and value proposition for the full offering that spans all the team’s product areas.
We support highly complex, multi-touch sales cycles with a product that is constantly evolving. It is our aim to ensure long-term leadership and customer success and in every market that we enter, your focus on long-range planning and excellence in execution across multiple markets is instrumental.
You are also a key member of the senior leadership team, focused on building a world-class marketing function and ensuring strong cross-team collaboration. The role is highly collaborative and works closely with the sales, services, delivery, and product management to arrive at the best possible messaging and plans.
- Build, inspire, and lead an organization that delivers against marketing goals, with clearly defined roles, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies
- Guide the team’s development of plans, messaging, and content that translates business goals into effective marketing strategies and drives market leadership for key product lines and customer segments
- Define and own the product positioning for the full portfolio of products aimed at senior business and IT and engineering leaders
- Expand and scale content marketing to ensure the right content and derivative assets are developed quickly and with quality
- Develop and foster the creation of fresh and new product marketing ideas and content to deliver on Veeva’s position as a thought leader
- Closely collaborate with strategy, sales, and product leadership and across marketing functions to ensure the development and delivery of the most effective programs aligned to the needs of the business
- Ensure the function scales through prioritization of high impact, high leverage content, and successful cross-team collaboration.
- Drive the packaging strategies for our products and services, and develop pricing recommendations for our Product and Finance organizations.
- Be the leader of driving insights around our competitive differentiators, working with product and sales to understand markets and where certain market opportunities will drive additional revenue impact.
- Measure and optimize to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver high ROI
- A minimum 5 years of marketing leadership in a SasS/Professional Services business and 10 years of product marketing experience (or equivalent) in technology companies (preferably high growth)
- Deep experience in thought leadership and product messaging, content development, and sales enablement
- Passion for leading teams and a proven track record of hiring, mentoring, and retaining world-class marketing talent
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and a clear and persuasive, buyer-oriented writing style
- Excellent operational and project management, including the ability to manage diverse projects and multiple priorities under aggressive timelines and expectations
- Strong desire and experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Must be a creative, flexible, hands-on marketer with a focused ability to get the job done even in the face of time, budget, or resource constraints
- Collaborative team player with great interpersonal skills and an exceptional ability to work effectively cross-functionally and with executive leadership
- Passion for leading teams as well as delivering results as an individual contributor
- Experience marketing IoT solutions to business buyers
- Prior experience in a high tech, hyper-growth environment
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.