Senior UX Researcher
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher who can contribute to and shape our current research strategy. You will have experience in a number of research methodologies such as customer journey mapping, personas, market research, user interviews and more.
Overview of the RXD team
The RXD team (Research, Experience, Design) covers disciplines that are critical to Zego’s success, and we want it to be a place where designers and researchers have the opportunity to collaborate, grow and bring the user to every part of our decision making. We work hand in hand with product, engineering and business stakeholders, working in an Agile environment of cross-functional teams to ensure that we deliver high quality experiences and interfaces with every product we ship.
Purpose of the role
This role will primarily focus on our B2B products and customers, covering online experiences, greenfield product exploration, and customer experience flows including journeys with our customer support and sales teams. Joining our research team, you’ll be working with Zegons from almost every discipline in the company to ensure we understand our customers, while helping to save them time and money.
If you’re interested in our current research tech stack we’re using: EnjoyHQ as our research repository, Notion for team documentation, HotJar for heat-mapping , session recording and quick polls, SurveyMonkey for more in-depth quantitative research, and Miro for team collaboration/whiteboarding sessions. Designs and prototypes happen in Figma, while our workflow is managed through ClickUp.
What you will be working on
- You will play a key role in evolving the research function across the company, in collaboration with multiple other teams
- You will take full ownership of medium-sized research projects, from brief to execution, gathering of information and analysis of findings
- You will be performing user interviews, creating surveys, polls, and other types of research
- You will be producing clear and comprehensive reports that can be understood by people outside our industry
- You will help the product and business teams to refine long term projects based on the insights gathered
- You will identify the need for research in an area of the business or product and make a case for the value of its execution
- You will discover actionable insights and work with the cross-functional team to understand their impact on the project
What you will need to be successful
- You have experience in leading UX research initiatives, using different methodologies (user interviews, A/B testing, surveys, card sorting, etc…)
- You are a good problem solver, you like data-driven solutions and are an advocate for Design Thinking and wish to promote its growth in the company
- You’re comfortable switching between hands-on research, consulting on the findings with different teams, and socialising outcomes of research to raise everyone’s understanding of our customers
- You have empathy, both towards our customers’ needs and your colleagues across the company. You can appreciate and aid in everyone’s efforts into reaching our collective goals, collaborating daily with other departments
- You are a good team player, happy to collaborate and confidently socialise research findings with a variety of audiences across the company
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.